Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing really special. Just 6 months 0% financing

Flyers

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
pfffft $2000 strats. sorry but their ain't no way in hell i would ever spend that kinda money on a strat. i know there are some folks who will, but i ain't that kinda fool.
i have a really hard time believing that they are selling many at that price. there are too many better options at that price point.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
pfffft $2000 strats. sorry but their ain't no way in hell i would ever spend that kinda money on a strat. i know there are some folks who will, but i ain't that kinda fool.
i have a really hard time believing that they are selling many at that price. there are too many better options at that price point.
Is this something else that you need to get off your chest .... lol

·
Premium Member
17,198 Posts
Is this something else that you need to get off your chest .... lol
pfffft $2000 motorcycles. sorry but their ain't no way in hell i would ever spend that kinda money on a motorcycle. i know there are some folks who will, but i ain't that kinda fool.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
You may offend some with that "fool" comment but it's appropriate IMO. It's just a strat and people are paying for the name and salaries at Fender when you pay that much.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
pfffft $2000 motorcycles. sorry but their ain't no way in hell i would ever spend that kinda money on a motorcycle. i know there are some folks who will, but i ain't that kinda fool.
Funny! How about a nice Goldwing with very few km's on it. I would jump at it for $200.00 even though I don't ride any more. But I could sell it and get a really nice strat, er, I mean guitar.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
i'm not knocking strats. they're cool guitars. i've owned several. but you point out where i am wrong:

• there is very little handwork in a strat
  • polyurethane finish, not nitro
  • noticeably softer fretwire than all the other big names, including many B brand guitars
  • identical strat can be built by warmoth for less (i checked)
  • the strat and tele designs were originally intended to be easy to make/repair because they were for working musicians
  • no significant upgrades since long before the price hike
  • absolutely nothing high tech or remarkable to distinguish them from any other strat made by anyone else. that includes all aspects of the guitar
alder is not expensive wood, and neither is maple and pau ferro. you tell me what makes the strat worth that much? other than their ham fisted approach to branding, i mean.
you can buy used american standards all day long for $800 w/case. nice ones. i checked that too. it's not like their nearest competitor. (gibson)
you cant get a used lp standard w/case for that cheap. bolt-on necks with a top route body, and not one other part is anything other than run-of-the-mill stuff fender has used since forever.
when i priced an identical warmoth strat, there were several upgrades i could have chosen for little to no cost that fender does not even offer with the professional series. for the same lower price i could have spec'd a better guitar. but no case. still, how much is a case? $150 tops for a nice one? as i said, value-wise, the strat is more over priced than gibson is. at least with them, you get nitro finish, better components, a set neck, available burst finishes at the same cost as solid colors, several parts have been improved over the last decade, and includes some fairly high tech (by comparison) parts and processes. i've had strats, and built partscasters. i know what they cost and what you get for your money. it's not internet experience, but real world personal experience.

L

·
0 Posts
I agree with you on the strats (throw tele's into the mix too), but, greco's quote is about bikes.o_O
I doubt that you can find a good/safe bike for $2K.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I agree with you on the strats (throw tele's into the mix too), but, greco's quote is about bikes.o_O
I doubt that you can find a good/safe bike for $2K.
I was looking a few weeks ago and it's amazing what you can get for $2000.00.

·
Registered
676 Posts
They got jacked when they replaced the standard line with the new pro line.
I bought a new Standard Strat at L&M in 2008, (It was a new, improved Standard model that year, some of you may recall). I only paid $800 (plus tax).

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Well they are giving away a couple of $110 Strats.
Although one requires some photography--but allows for photoshop--and a social media account to post it--so that one's out--but the other I could win...

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
My money is safe.

Actually, my money is safe until I can justify an ES-335. I've got my Tele, my SG, my acoustic, my Marshall, and a couple of pedals so I am good. I can't believe I am going to be GAS free for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
My money is safe.

Actually, my money is safe until I can justify an ES-335. I've got my Tele, my SG, my acoustic, my Marshall, and a couple of pedals so I am good. I can't believe I am going to be GAS free for the foreseeable future.
Well the Syndrome may be with you--just the acquiring may not be...
My money is safe because I don' have enough... (And my GAS is for things other than guitars right now--but amps could be temping)

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Well the Syndrome may be with you--just the acquiring may not be...
My money is safe because I don' have enough... (And my GAS is for things other than guitars right now--but amps could be temping)

The crappy part is that I have the money, I just don't need or want anything. When I did, money was tighter. Now that it isn't an issue, there is nothing for me to get.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts