The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any lists for this year's L&M Boxing Day sales? There doesn't appear to be anything on their website yet, unless I am missing something. I figured the lists would be up by now.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Patience, grasshopper.
True, the wind, like that from nether-regions after chilli, will come forth in glorious amounts of spam mails.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That doesn't give me as much time to plan as I had hoped. What I am actually hoping is that my local store has some good deals (looking for a Marshall 4x12), and that a friend is going to line up to get something so that I can have him snag stuff for me too and then I can saunter in later in the day to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
That doesn't give me as much time to plan as I had hoped. What I am actually hoping is that my local store has some good deals (looking for a Marshall 4x12), and that a friend is going to line up to get something so that I can have him snag stuff for me too and then I can saunter in later in the day to pay for it.
Define a good deal on a marshall 412. I see 1960's for $450 more often than not.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Define a good deal on a marshall 412. I see 1960's for $450 more often than not.
Yeah in that range or lower. I scored one a couple of years ago for about $300, but it took up too much space as my basement is currently configured. Over the next few days I will be moving stuff around because I have purchased a new 55" TV, and I plan to put my Marshall and cab (currently a 2x12) into a roughed in fireplace where it will fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
Yeah in that range or lower. I scored one a couple of years ago for about $300, but it took up too much space as my basement is currently configured. Over the next few days I will be moving stuff around because I have purchased a new 55" TV, and I plan to put my Marshall and cab (currently a 2x12) into a roughed in fireplace where it will fit perfectly.
Shouldnt be hard to find one.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Huh.

I will have a look around later today.

One guy local to me is selling a reissue 800 for $1500, and will include a cab for $1800. I sent him a message to say I'd take the cab but he replied that he won't sell that until after the amp sells.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
As of December 22nd.........

boxing week.JPG

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are a couple of 1960A cabs available at good prices (assuming they aren't beat to shit) but not close enough to get me to drive out to get them. I know someone at the Cambridge store so might call to ask about the condition, and whether he can put it on my credit card if it doesn't sell within the first hour and then ship it to my local store.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
Local. If I was in the market, I'm in luck. There are Five stores in Edmonton.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
The only thing I saw that was priced really well was a used alto sax, and I haven't played one in 45 years

Reactions: colchar
1 - 20 of 49 Posts