The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Wow. I love spreadsheets.

I wish I had the money for the DRRI in Halifax. Crazy good deal
Be careful with their used stuff. Some of it is from their rental pool and can be pretty well used (up). Not saying this is the case here, just a precautionary note.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
They have some decent prices on EVH gear....makes me want to take this in and see if I can get those prices here in Ottawa.

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
Be careful with their used stuff. Some of it is from their rental pool and can be pretty well used (up). Not saying this is the case here, just a precautionary note.
Though it still comes with a 30 day warantee, so you have time to check it out before making your final decision.

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Though it still comes with a 30 day warantee, so you have time to check it out before making your final decision.
I know the amp in particular. She is a lady for rent indeed, but it still sounds and works as should. Even with tax, thats still below the used market value of one here.

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
I threw together a quick spreadsheet of the guitar departments specials. I didnt edit any of the info just copied it from all the pages.

Google Sheets - create and edit spreadsheets online, for free.
I just want to commend you for a great job on that spread sheet! Well done. Too bad you hadn't contacted me first so you could have grouped on the 12 string guitars (which I'm looking for) together. :)

While the spread sheet is well done the "blowout" L & M calls it is a misnomer as there is a lot of old stock there they just want to get rid of. There are some good prices on a few items but most of the used items on that list can be had elsewhere at better prices and no tax.

Reactions: soldierscry

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want to commend you for a great job on that spread sheet! Well done. Too bad you hadn't contacted me first so you could have grouped on the 12 string guitars (which I'm looking for) together. :)

While the spread sheet is well done the "blowout" L & M calls it is a misnomer as there is a lot of old stock there they just want to get rid of. There are some good prices on a few items but most of the used items on that list can be had elsewhere at better prices and no tax.
Thank you. I believe I set up the columns to be filtered so you should be able to filter the description column by the text string you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
This is awesome! Thanks for doing this. I'm eyeballing a few things...hmmm...

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Thank you. I believe I set up the columns to be filtered so you should be able to filter the description column by the text string you are looking for.
So you did!

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Does their used stuff still carry the 30 day trial period and any kind of warranty?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Fabulous spreadsheet, many thanks!

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
For those asking about warranty - you get 3 months on used stuff and can extend that for 4% of the purchase price per year. That can be extended basically as long as you are willing to pay the premiums. I recently bought a well used Marshall JCM2000 TSL122 for an insane price and purchased two years of the warranty at the same time ($7 per year for my purchase), which I will extend when those two years are coming to an end. Now my amp can blow up for all I care (so long as it doesn't burn my house down) because, if anything goes wrong, L&M has to repair it or replace it with a similar item.

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
I was hoping that an amp about an hour away from me would survive the sale but I found a used SG Standard in there the other day which I am closing the deal on today. Because of that, it is probably best that I forget about the amp I was looking at and just bide my time until one comes up in the local classifieds.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I updated the sheet this morning. I think i have fixed all the Brand names so they should now be easier to search. I also color coded the discount field. Enjoy:).

G

·
I'm looking at an amp.
I talked to them Monday regarding trade-ins.
They recommended coming in before the sale for them to evaluate/set trade-in price.
I'll be going in this afternoon.
Nothing wrong with my amp.
It's too heavy for me with my knee the way it is.
At the least, I'll get an idea of it's value for private sale, if I'm successful in scoring what I want.

·
Premium Member
5,130 Posts
They have some decent prices on EVH gear....makes me want to take this in and see if I can get those prices here in Ottawa.
I think I'll hit the Kanata store on Saturday just to see what's going on.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
For those asking about warranty - you get 3 months on used stuff and can extend that for 4% of the purchase price per year. That can be extended basically as long as you are willing to pay the premiums. I recently bought a well used Marshall JCM2000 TSL122 for an insane price and purchased two years of the warranty at the same time ($7 per year for my purchase), which I will extend when those two years are coming to an end. Now my amp can blow up for all I care (so long as it doesn't burn my house down) because, if anything goes wrong, L&M has to repair it or replace it with a similar item.
You only have the option to buy additional warranty 1 time, in your case once the 2 years is up you cannot renew any more warranty.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts