The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Actually, Kanata seems to have Bogarted all the good deals in the Ottawa area.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Symmetry

A trio of Gibson deals
Azure Rectangle Line Font Material property

The aforementioned V
Product Rectangle Font Electronic device Logo

Cheap Godin
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Magenta

Killer deal on a couple electric-acoustics
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Symmetry

And a nice Vox
Rectangle Font Technology Magenta Screenshot

For around $3k, you could walk out with an American Tele, a Gibson LP Classic Plus, a Vox AC30, and a solid top acoustic with a pickup.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Hey @colchar, didn’t you just grab one of these?
View attachment 389127

Sort of.

I did bring one in that was priced at about $1800, but ended up buying a 2018 Standard off Kijiji for a few hundred less. It turns out that it had a circuit board in it so I had to replace all of the elecronics. That is being done right now (with all of the shortages it was tough to get pots and knobs) and I should have it by the end of the week. After everything is swapped it still cost less than the '61 Stopbar did before taxes, and it will have Vineham pickups in it which are a significant improvement over the Gibson ones.

Another bonus about the 2018 is that it is brown, so isn't the usual cherry or ebony that most SGs are:

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
I scored a used Helix on Saturday that was probably destined for this sale. Now I don’t need anything for the near future except time to set up patches.
I scored a RAT ($60) and a Maxon OD808 ($90), both of which I think were destined for this sale too.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Actually, Kanata seems to have Bogarted all the good deals in the Ottawa area.
View attachment 389113

A trio of Gibson deals View attachment 389114

The aforementioned V
View attachment 389115

Cheap Godin View attachment 389116

Killer deal on a couple electric-acoustics View attachment 389117

And a nice Vox View attachment 389118

For around $3k, you could walk out with an American Tele, a Gibson LP Classic Plus, a Vox AC30, and a solid top acoustic with a pickup.
I'll miss it all anyways because, you know, employment, but as some who's local store is Kanata, I'd trade all those deals for the Pelham Les Paul.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
At the top left, there’s a drop down menu to select individual stores. And it’s in-person only for these.

Thanks for the info. I would be HIGHLY tempted by the USA Telecaster for $900 (Katana) so I am kind of glad they won't ship. My local store still doesn't appear on the website even though it became a Long and McQuade almost a month ago :(

TG

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
I am so tempted to grab that used Les paul standard 50's heritage cherry in Cambridge. Not great timing for me financially right now so I may just have to trust I can find something similar in 6 months. Or bite the bullet and put it on credit which is a practice I've avoided for many years.

·
Registered
226 Posts
And it’s in-person only for these.
Has anyone ever been to one of these sales at L&M before? Is it complete pandemonium like you see in the States, with people crashing doors and beating each other with merchandise? :) I can see the headlines now: "Man hospitalized after being struck with Les Paul during Black Friday riot." I assume this would also have to be carefully managed with COVID and all...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts