The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get the L&M 50th Anniv Sale flyer yet??

The Godin LG for $599 and Gibby LP Studio Mahogany for $895 have given me a case of painful GAS!

I'm pretty pissed off at the lack of basses in the flyer though. One lousy Epiphone EB-0 :zzz:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got my Godin LG already but... I don't have the flyer! Where can I get one, and when does it start? Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I used a nice godin with a hard tail and a somewhat thin neck (still nothing compared to my wizard but still good) with dual hums and I really liked it. It sorta had the same body shape as the RG and I love that for picking it up. I guess where I was going with this is, is that type of guitar the one that's on sale?

Also to David, no you no longer have to put off getting a Godin :D

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
If you are looking at Godins, I would look used. While they are beautiful guitars, their resale value is pretty bad which means you can benefit. I have seen 2 LG's on Craiglist in brand new condition for $350. I only got $375 when I sold a 2 year old LGSP90 awhile back.

Traynor amps and Godin guitars are some of the best products out there in my opinion right now, and the resale value is poor on both right now. You can find fantastic deals.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Give me this :D

EMG 81's in the one on the left and an 81 and 85 on the right one. Id take the left one if it had the string through bridge. YUM!

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
I guess they stopped making the LG's with 24 fret necks? The one I owned had one. It was a sparkly gold finish. They are such fantastic playing guitars. The neck joint and recessed bridge system make the action so nice. My issue with mine was it weighed more than a lot of Les Pauls I have played. I have a ba shoulder and it was just too much.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Where did you get the flyer?!?! I usually get e-mails form them but nothing yet. And there is nothing on the L&M site about it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does anyone want to post the details? :D

Or I guess I coud call them up and ask....

Thanks for letting us know!

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Really I don't see that many "killer' deals in the flyer. But I don't buy a ton of new gear either, mostly used.

They have VOX VR15's which in my opinion are a fantastic practice amp for only $119 (pretty much half price).

Zoom 3000 Bass Multi Effects Unit $99 down from $375

Bass/Guitar gear wise those are the only huge deals I see. There are a lot of items where you save $50-100 but I don't consider those massive deals.

They have a few "Long and Mcquade Anniversary" items that look kinda neat though. One is a laquered tween Blues Junior with a Jensen speaker and a footswitch for the fat channel. $699. Another is Mesa Lonestar with a really neat design (mahogany control panel). $3,395.

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
torndownunit said:
One is a laquered tween Blues Junior with a Jensen speaker and a footswitch for the fat channel. $699.
A regular blues jr. can be had at 12th fret for $504. I wonder if it worth the difference for lacquered tweed and a jenson?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, I guess I have my email notification turned off - I assumed no one was replying to this thread!

Sale runs May 29 - June 30 at all L&M locations across Canada.

Flyer incluides a scratch & win card with instant prizes and access code for the L&M online contest, I believe you can also get these cards in-store.

They are running 6 month 0% financing (but only certain brands each week, OAC)

Special events every Saturday (best one I see is free guitar setups with the purchase of strings on June 3; though last time I tried to get my guitar set up there they told me they wouldn't because they were so backed up - their tech must be really pleased about this special :D )

Not really a lot of wild deals in the flyer - I should hope there will be more in-store. Though, the sale could end up proving to be kind of lame based on the deals & selection in the flyer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hmm, My strings are dead so Im going tommarow to get new ones. But then Im gonna have to go again to L & M on june 3 and get strings AGAIN just so I can get a free setup. Wait, so theres no guarantee ill get a free setup?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sales and canadian guitar shops in the same sentence is an oxymoron to me,i'm just fed up,i'm using the pennysaver,kijii and friends to find what i want and don't get me started on the the second hand shops.
While i'm being whiney i apologize but the flier seemed to me to be a great big whopping american flash in my face waste of time(took up half my mailbox).
Hope you all are well and rocking and if anyone has an old Espana solid body could you post a pic?A friend of mines mother has one thats been sitting in the attic since she was 14 and she's 50 something now and Becky was going to show it to me but her mother keeps saying she wants to keep it.

ps getting a Frank Marino double live cd this week when i get back from work and really looking forward to some good old guitar hero stuff.
k' i'm done..shoot me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts