1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kustom 200
K 2000 8
Ser # 47404
I need the schematics for my tech to repair this thing as it been sitting in his shop for two years now and I'd like to get it going so I can use it . Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go .
Thanks ...Pat

·
Registered
328 Posts
Are you serious? 2 years!! First move is to get it back from that guy. It would be his job to find a schematic, not yours. That is totally unacceptable.
Find another repair person. That guy doesn't deserve your business.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Four play said:
I have a Kustom 200
K 2000 8
Ser # 47404
I need the schematics for my tech to repair this thing as it been sitting in his shop for two years now and I'd like to get it going so I can use it . Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go .
Thanks ...Pat
Oh dear! Another fabled but low-volume SS line from the glory days of the 60's!

I checked all the free sites I know for schematics but nothing on Kustom. If you google "Kustom 200 schematic" you will probably find some sources that will sell you what you need.

You might start here: http://www.broadwaymusicco.com/kustom1.htm

Along with great pictures and a ton of history text they also sell some schematics.

Do you really need a schematic? Most of the early solid state units were pretty simple by today's standards. A lot of them lifted their circuits direct from the RCA Transistor Amplifier application sheets. Those old books were great. They would always put a lot of application notes on how to use their different transistors in low and high powered amps.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunny said:
Are you serious? 2 years!! First move is to get it back from that guy. It would be his job to find a schematic, not yours. That is totally unacceptable.
Find another repair person. That guy doesn't deserve your business.
I should explain that the two year period is as much my fault as his in between his wife recent bout with cancer and my divorce neither one of us has been running on all cylinders . I agree it should be his job to find the schematics but I'm just trying to lighten the load and it's not like I miss it I have at least 8 other amps I can choose from . :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wild Bill said:
Oh dear! Another fabled but low-volume SS line from the glory days of the 60's!

I checked all the free sites I know for schematics but nothing on Kustom. If you google "Kustom 200 schematic" you will probably find some sources that will sell you what you need.

You might start here: http://www.broadwaymusicco.com/kustom1.htm

Along with great pictures and a ton of history text they also sell some schematics.

Do you really need a schematic? Most of the early solid state units were pretty simple by today's standards. A lot of them lifted their circuits direct from the RCA Transistor Amplifier application sheets. Those old books were great. They would always put a lot of application notes on how to use their different transistors in low and high powered amps.

Good luck!
Hey Bill , thanks for the link I'll go have a look and see what I can find . I really don't even know why I want it fixed , I'm a tube guy anyway !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts