The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I heard it all on Saturday night. A friend had it on his ipod on. don't know how he got it but....nevertheless he had it.
LOVED it !!!!! I'll get it tomorrow when it's released. Hope they do a tour.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have just finished listening to it and it is amazing! Allison is a great vocalist and it is great to see and listen Robert Plant aging gracefully. A wonderful album...and I too hope they tour together. Highly recommended!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
This album is great. Their voices mesh together so nicely and, as mentioned, it's nice to hear how Plant's voice has aged very well. I'll probably have this album playing on my stereo for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hmmm I really want to pick it up. Hope HMV has it. They don't seem to carry some of the cd's I want. Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades put out a really neat acoustic covers cd and I couldn't get that anywhere. I hope the celebrity factor of Plant and Krauss stocks it!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
But....

Listened to it a few times over the last couple of days and noticed a few songs have a very noticeable similarity (sound, tone, feel) to some off Emmy Lou Harris and Mark Knopflers CD. Inspiration maybe? Unconcious imitation?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Listened to it a few times over the last couple of days and noticed a few songs have a very noticeable similarity (sound, tone, feel) to some off Emmy Lou Harris and Mark Knopflers CD. Inspiration maybe? Unconcious imitation?
...probably a little of both. mark and emmylou have set the bar pretty high.

-dh

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
.. mark and emmylou have set the bar pretty high.
-dh

That's for sure. I still can't get that Roadrunning CD off my player or iPod :food-smiley-004:

I just got my own copy of Raising Sand last night at Starbucks. Loading it into my computer as I type.

Cheers
Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts