The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any experience with Krank Amps. I know they are milking the Dimebag thing to death but whats the scoop?

Dime knew what he wanted in an amp and he knew what he wanted out of an amp. The Krankenstein is that amp. Based on the flawless circuitry of the 100 watt Krank Revolution amp head, the Krankenstein features a Dime modified Kleen channel that’s warm and buttery with the hint of breakup that Dime required to get his classic clean tones. To the already gain soaked overdrive channel Dime added an overall Master Volume control (so you can trainwreck the channel master volumes into the overall Master volume), and a level control on the effects loop. This 2-channel, all-tube, high-gain monster is loaded with premium Sovtek 5881 power tubes and premium Electro Harmonix 12AX7 preamp tubes. Dime also matched the Krankenstein head to the Krankenstein 4 X 12 solid wood touring cabinet with blacked out steel grill and Eminence Texas Heat drivers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
From my experience... WAY OVERPRICED for what they are. They pretty much give you a tone thats one step above a solid state randall... but for over 2 times the price:eek: They just seemed to have this flat sterile character (what I relate to your average SS amp) that just seemed to sound brittle... but tone is subjective, so obviously this is just my opinion. :food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
Anyone have any experience with Krank Amps. I know they are milking the Dimebag thing to death but whats the scoop?
Hope there was no pun intend here........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I agree with TJ, I've heard three or four guys using Kranks and wasn't overly impressed with the sound for the price tag attached to those amps. Very brittle distortion and they didn't seem to have a whole lot of warmth to them.
I'd almost use the terms sterile and generic in there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I should add, I have not tried the early Chadwicks, but I heard that they are fairly good, and different from the Krankenstein/revolution geared towards metal heads. Most people also dislike Krank because of their poor business practices (such as posting false glorifying reviews of their own amps while bashing other companies):eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
They got banned from the HC reviews for creating a bunch of perfect 10 reviews, bashed almost every other manufacturer out there, then cut off their warranty and return policy once everyone started returning them. Bunch of crooks basically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts