The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faracaster picked up a Korg Nuvibe and shot me a clip ... and I was floored! I immediately found an inexpensive used/mint one on Reverb and it is on its way... they come with an expression pedal and the new price is way up there. I’m not even sure if they still make them. There’s actually a video of Reverb Dude playing “Hey, Baby” on YouTube. I am very excited about the Nuvibe. Anyone familiar???...

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Faracaster picked up a Korg Nuvibe and shot me a clip ... and I was floored! I immediately found an inexpensive used/mint one on Reverb and it is on its way... they come with an expression pedal and the new price is way up there. I’m not even sure if they still make them. There’s actually a video of Reverb Dude playing “Hey, Baby” on YouTube. I am very excited about the Nuvibe. Anyone familiar???...
All I know is that Fumio Mieda who created the original Univibe work on the design so
most be promising !!
Let us know how it sounds ,....................and a clip would be nice if you can .!;)

P

·
0 Posts
I have the original Fulltone Deja2 with the treadle. But from YT vids I would like to have a Foxrox Aquavibe though. I have yet to look at the Korg so I might change my mind....

·
Premium Member
25,103 Posts
I find the Fulltone vibe tone **** gets around the 20:50 mark here what I seek in a Vibe. Not too big a sweep, and a nice gutteral swirl. I find that if the sweep is too wide in a Vibe, it starts to do what a phaser does: direct your attention to where the sweep is at this moment. Proper use of a vibe is to modulate where the harmonic content is produced by nudging some parts of the signal closer to or away from the clipping point, and for that you need a modest sweep width. The NU-Vibe appears to let the user accomplish that via the sliders, although that strikes me as unnecessarily complicated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts