The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone give me some information on the Korean made Fender Strats from the early 2000's? In particular the one that came with Seymour Duncan's? Interested in the guitars' reputation for build and electronics quality and sound. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The bolt on Koa and Swamp ash strats? I've played a bunch. Pretty great for the money. Don't overpay though, if I recall these were $600-$700 new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Can anyone give me some information on the Korean made Fender Strats from the early 2000's? In particular the one that came with Seymour Duncan's? Interested in the guitars' reputation for build and electronics quality and sound. Thank you!
Are you possibly thinking of the Lite Ash Strat? They're fairly easy to identify due to the abalone dots and unfinished birds eye neck/board. If this is the model you're asking about, while I don't have any experience with the Strat, I do have the Tele from this line. I was very happy with it when I got it back in 2004 and am still just as happy now that I recently got it back after it belonged to a friend since 2006. Only thing I found unpleasant when I bought it were the fret ends felt a bit sharp. Electronics and the rest of the fit and finish was great, so much that I tracked down the guy I sold it to in an effort to buy it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts