The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
What's more important: that they tell you their exact manufacturing process or that they tell you that Vince Gill plays one (and sometimes two) or their guitars at every concert? Vince Gill has a wonderful collection of instruments and his live show is remarkably well crafted with about a 9 piece band so they can recreate the sound of his recordings. As far as I can tell, he always uses his Duesenberg for a couple songs. I don't think he cares where it's built/assembled. He just cares about the job it does.
I will actually answer that.

It’s part one. 100% part one.
If I’m spending $5k, I want to know about the product I’m buying. I don’t care that a millionaire musician (who was likely given the guitars) plays them.

Don’t get me wrong. Vince Gill is a monster player and I’m 100% certain he really likes the guitar or he wouldn’t use it. But even if he did pay for them, $5000 to him and $5000 to me is a completely different matter and I’d like to make a bit more of an informed decision. And unlike Vince, I also have to take resale value into account.

Reactions: Destracted

·
Registered
468 Posts
I will actually answer that.

It’s part one. 100% part one.
If I’m spending $5k, I want to know about the product I’m buying. I don’t care that a millionaire musician (who was likely given the guitars) plays them.

Don’t get me wrong. Vince Gill is a monster player and I’m 100% certain he really likes the guitar or he wouldn’t use it. But even if he did pay for them, $5000 to him and $5000 to me is a completely different matter and I’d like to make a bit more of an informed decision. And unlike Vince, I also have to take resale value into account.
A few questions:

What is it that you don't know about where Deusenbergs are made? As I understand what they've been saying for a long time, the parts are made in Korea and the installation and setup is done in Germany. It's not terribly unlike Reverend.

And what's the resale market like for Deusenberg? Looking at the Sold forum, it appears to me that the demand is pretty strong.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Maybe. I think what makes guitars so susceptible to this is the fact that the 2 big US brands had to start manufacturing out of country to keep up with low cost/high quality imports. This created the perception that US brand import models were inferior and therefore those countries outputs were inferior by nature.
MIM Fender are made in Ensenada, Mexico by Mexican workers.
MIA Fender are made in Corona, California by Mexican workers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
A few questions:

What is it that you don't know about where Deusenbergs are made? As I understand what they've been saying for a long time, the parts are made in Korea and the installation and setup is done in Germany. It's not terribly unlike Reverend.

And what's the resale market like for Deusenberg? Looking at the Sold forum, it appears to me that the demand is pretty strong.
I know little about them but if they are fretted in Germany they arent doing that before spraying the finish, so they are more than just assembled/installed and set up there. Some Epiphones are assembled in USA but they certainly arent fretting and finishing them there. It sounds like they are doing more in Germany than many boutique builders who order partscaster parts and customise/assemble/relic.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I know little about them but if they are fretted in Germany they arent doing that before being finished so they are more than just assembled/installed and set up there. Some Epiphones are assembled in USA but they certainly arent fretting and finishing them there. It sounds like they are doing more in Germany than many boutique builders who order partscaster parts and customise/assemble/relic.
And they're doing it with a lot of very highly regarded proprietary hardware. I've only ever heard raves abut their trem.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
As I understand what they've been saying for a long time, the parts are made in Korea and the installation and setup is done in Germany. It's not terribly unlike Reverend.
I think you understand wrong because Duesenberg has never said that. The company line is and always has been “Made in Germany”.

Again, this isn’t the place and also, this is an unwinnable “argument” for both of us. I already conceded that they’re amazing guitars and a Paloma (in any colour other than black) still gets me all tingly in my swimsuit area, but as long as they continue to be blatantly duplicitous about their instruments, I’m not interested.

Likewise, I’m not going to change your view nor do I want to. I’m merely stating mine.

Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody’s stinks except mine.

Reactions: Mark Brown

·
Premium Member
16,221 Posts
Can't find any link, but I recall reading a story that Mexicans despise the term Hispanic and especially Latinx.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can't find any link, but I recall reading a story that Mexicans despise the term Hispanic and especially Latinx.
Sure, latinx is an invention by crazy people that hate gendered terms and want to rewrite spanish which is a gendered language. Im not the joke police by any means however I bet most people who immigrated from South America and the children of those who did would rather not all be called Mexican by people who cant tell the difference. Its also just not super accurate, Ive seen all of the Fender Factory tours on youtube over the years. Theres a pretty rich blend of people there and Im pretty sure every one of them is American. Fender isnt paying anyone under the table. Either way both factories are capable of making great guitars, I own or have owned a bunch of both.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Sure, latinx is an invention by crazy people that hate gendered terms and want to rewrite spanish which is a gendered language. Im not the joke police by any means however I bet most people who immigrated from South America and the children of those who did would rather not all be called Mexican by people who cant tell the difference. Its also just not super accurate, Ive seen all of the Fender Factory tours on youtube over the years. Theres a pretty rich blend of people there and Im pretty sure every one of them is American. Fender isnt paying anyone under the table. Either way both factories are capable of making great guitars, I own or have owned a bunch of both.
Lighten up a little ... it was a metaphore.

Flash photography Font Wood Astronomical object Twig

41 - 52 of 52 Posts