The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
They also have a lot of long, good audio clips on the Komet site. They should good - expensive buggers. Also the design of the amps involved Ken Fischer - the builder of Trainwreck Amps.

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
I loves my Komet.:smile: I haven't heard a Concord or KF50 but from those clips it sounds a lot like my K60.

Pete

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
Sneaky said:
I loves my Komet.:smile: I haven't heard a Concord or KF50 but from those clips it sounds a lot like my K60.

Pete

This is resulting in some serious GAS. Very nice set-up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Komets are Ken Fisher's (Trainwreck) design built by Hogy from Komet. Ken Fisher have a health problem, he can't built amps anymore so he autorize Hogy to build for him. The Concorde is listed at $3800 US, I think.

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
superleadfixer said:
How much are they those amps? I've had reports that they are Express clones with they own little twist!!
That's a clone of an Express in the picture, that's just a paper logo taped on the front :tongue: .

It's an excellent hand built amp (not a Ceriatone) built by someone who knows a great deal about Trainwrecks, and only about 5% of the cost of a real one. :smile:

Pete

·
Registered
52 Posts
Newton said:
The Komets are Ken Fisher's (Trainwreck) design built by Hogy from Komet. Ken Fisher have a health problem, he can't built amps anymore so he autorize Hogy to build for him. The Concorde is listed at $3800 US, I think.
Ah that's why they feedback so nicely like that, I agree with you, those amps are very nice and beautiful sounding. I have someone working on getting the schematics for them as we speak so I'll be able to clone one just for me (at first), big problem, the trannies, must find the proper ones....

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
superleadfixer said:
Ah that's why they feedback so nicely like that, I agree with you, those amps are very nice and beautiful sounding. I have someone working on getting the schematics for them as we speak so I'll be able to clone one just for me (at first), big problem, the trannies, must find the proper ones....
Bob Clear "cloned" a Komet recently (aka Admiral Ballsy on the Guitar Diner). Not sure what trannies he used but I'm sure he'd tell you if you track him down.

-Pete

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Is anyone, out of the goodness of their :smilie_flagge17:hearts willing to buy me one for Christmas?

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
superleadfixer said:
What is the difference with the Constalation versus the others? Just the nice wood cab?
It has an octal (6SN7) preamp on one channel. Komet are discontinuing the Constellation because it is so hard to find good 6SN7's these days. It is not a Ken Fisher design either, but it is an awesome amp.

I think the "tone****" site is a guy named "Moose". He is out of stock now but will probably have more soon. Most people that buy the Ceriatone Express clones swap their trannies with Moose's custom Heybour's.

Pete

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts