The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally ending the age-old conundrum: controls on the front or top-rear? The answer? Both, of course.

I love Greg Koch. And ya gotta know there's gonna be some humor in this 'clinic'. It's a bit long, but hey, you won't need to watch Moms or This Week Tonight, we gotcher comedy right here .......

Cool amp. I'll probably never see one in real life.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting that he only uses the neck pickup.
What gives you that impression? He uses all three pup settings, and on the bridge as early as 4:20 when he does some nice chicken pickin'.

Such a great player. I like the two Jimmi's into the Joe part around 22:00. Some wicked chops the guy wields.

And for people who have a knob aversion, this must be their biggest nightmare. I owned an amp with more knobs (Roadster) but it didn't do as much as this, with the variety of 'verb and tremolo stuff. This is probably 50% more expensive, though. With an amp that expensive, you'd think Greg could afford a nicer guitar. That fretboard is nearly gone baby gone. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Koch is (I believe) a Dutch amp company. I've heard of them but never seen one in captivity. Rumor has it, Sasquatch uses one though.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I did a bit of work on a Twintone a couple years back. Real nice qualilty stuff. Good support too.
Great sound to boot! ;)

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a bit of work on a Twintone a couple years back. Real nice qualilty stuff. Good support too.
Great sound to boot! ;)
I assume high quality PCB? Nicely laid out?

I don't imagine you could turrent-board assemble that 'Greg', but maybe it just sounds more complicated than it really is.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Yes, nice PCB. They have a fair bit going on.
Try that with turrets or PTP and you end up with a little baby ENIAC. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts