The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well there should be an incentive plan in place, if as you say, there is not.
After all when Rocky Balboa drinks a bottle of coke on screen you can bet somebody paid to get that placed.
You guys using those amps on stage was one hell of an advertisement.
Of course you could always remove the name plate to get your point across.
But as you are the rep for the amp company no doubt increased sales are to be expected.
Please don't take issue or get upset, I was just curious, that's all, about endorsements.
Thanks
Benee Wafers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Off topic-- When you hit the big time ( for Canada ) pro circuit are pay scales all union based.? I mean how does it work.... lead guitar gets x #$ per hour, per show, bass player, etc., etc or does some promoter say we're gonna do 17 shows in 4 weeks and I'll pay you a grand a week to play rhythm guitar.
Really like to know.
Thanks
Benee Wafers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks very much FR12. Whoa I ain't playing for Nelly then. Hey you can't survive on 250 a week and after bustin your balls for 10 years learning how to play? Forget it.You can basically make more at your local pub than on tour with Nelly. Why do it? I guess for connections, networking, experience.?
Benee Wafers

·
Registered
217 Posts
O.K. FR12. I get it. Just like the real world you join the company as a junior clerk for peanuts and work your way up.
You mean guitar slingers gotta write resumes too?
So no doubt then your better off having your own band, your own tunes, get signed and the label puts you on the road in South America for 6 months.:food-smiley-004:

Yeah Scott Nelly oughta be paying more now although I think that Promiscuous is not a guitar players music.

Benee Wafers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.