The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Koch just up and quit yesterday at band rehearsal...no warning, no rude noise or anything, just quit. I've done the following checks: HT fuse OK, Swapped out power tubes, tried extension cab and speaker with new cable. Everything looks fine, all tubes light up, no weird flamey colors, no smoke or burnt component smell, the amp puts out a clean signal in the milliwatt range. Any suggestions before I send it off for extensive and possibly expensive service from the distributor? (Still under warranty I believe.)

·
Registered
561 Posts
1) Call Audionova, if they do not reply it is because they're travelling back from NAMM and will get back to you

2) run a cable from effect send back to return....sometimes the switching jacks get something inside that opens the circuit. If so, contact cleaner usually fixes that. If you're not confortable inside a tube amp or worried about the warranty, see 1)

Andy

·
Registered
274 Posts
yeah, just troubleshoot as far as possible (ie. check pre/ power amps with the effects loop if there is one) then see about warranty. Make sure to rule out all of YOUR gear before you go to the shop though. I have been embarassed in that way before

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now what?

I contacted Audionava and they suggested a bad pre amp tube and told me to try my guitar straight into the FX return: no change. BUT... after I took the cord out of the FX return and plugged it into the input nothing was different , for about ten seconds when the amp came back to life just as simply and quickly as it went. Know any amp exorcists?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts