The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a custom neck made for my Wildwood thin skin tele. For now I ended up using the factory tuners off the original neck. I'd like to order another set of tuners so that I can put tuners on the original neck which I'll probably sell.
I assume that the original tuners are Gotoh, kluson style. So can anyone tell me if there is a higher quality, or better tuner that I can order? Since I'm going to order anyway I figure I may as well get the best I can if there is something better.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Gotoh SD510. SG510 SG301, SG360 SG381, should all fit a standard strat/tele neck. all available with locking or not, staggered posts or not. Excellent prices if you email Japarts.ca on their website and ask them for a quote. They will be mailed from Japan and I have never paid customs /duties or extra charges at the door as they charge tax when you pay for your order But just in case, you can ask the guys at Japarts if what you picked will fit properly

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I’m working on my partscaster, just picked up some of these locking vintage style.
7E9AB1B1-AE22-43EF-AE77-9CED1DC0878A.png

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
You should be able to order the whole variety of Kluson tuners through L&M as they are the exclusive Canadian distributor for WD Music (they own Kluson). Perhaps @Ayr Guitars can get you some better pricing if he is a dealer.

If your tuner holes are 10 mm, you might need to get some conversion bushings.

I love the split "Safety Post" style tuners. Kluson makes them for 3+3 or 3-on-a-plate arrangements as well, so that what I got for my Junior build.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You should be able to order the whole variety of Kluson tuners through L&M as they are the exclusive Canadian distributor for WD Music (they own Kluson). Perhaps @Ayr Guitars can get you some better pricing if he is a dealer.

I love the split "Safety Post" style tuners. Kluson makes them for 3+3 or 3-on-a-plate arrangements as well, so that what I got for my Junior build.
I gotta order a set of the 3x3 split posts for my 335

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

Yes - I am a WD distributor and have access to Kluson products.

What size are the holes? If 10mm - I have some locking Hipshot tuners available for a great price.

My favourite and “go-to” are Ratio tuners by GraphTech. I can get you a set of those as well.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts