The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan 31 - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC (opening night of the tour)
Mar 19 - Bell Centre, Montreal, QC
Mar 20 - Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON
Apr 2 - Videotron Centre, Quebec City, QC
Apr 3 - Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, ON

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a feeling Gene is going to pull something on this tour. Paul’s already been having vocal problems and they’ve talked about being replaced by two more ringers. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Paul’s voice go and Gene have health problems requiring replacements “to keep the tour going”. For the fans and all, and it’ll be such a success they’ll carry on with a residency in Vegas and on and on.... Gene won’t let this cash cow go unmilked just because he’s too old to perform.

031144BE-62C2-494C-B696-F05944615DE3.png

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
I have a feeling Gene is going to pull something on this tour. Paul’s already been having vocal problems and they’ve talked about being replaced by two more ringers. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Paul’s voice go and Gene have health problems requiring replacements “to keep the tour going”. For the fans and all, and it’ll be such a success they’ll carry on with a residency in Vegas and on and on.... Gene won’t let this cash cow go unmilked just because he’s too old to perform.

View attachment 229548
He better not pull any shit. I just got tickets and a meet n' greet for my son and I.

On second thought, I wouldn't have a problem with getting my money back either...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sadly they are already using vocal tracks at a few shows. Not Milli Vanillish, but very noticeable apparently

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Not too surprised. I saw their reunion tour in 2000/2001. The roadie had to help Peter Criss up to the drum riser after Beth...lol.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Plus Vinnie Vincent just reschedules his little shows, and lost his singer, though Appice and Franklin are still a go for February

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not too surprised. I saw their reunion tour in 2000/2001. The roadie had to help Peter Criss up to the drum riser after Beth...lol.
Walking in the dark up steps while wearing platform boots --- yeah, most guys are gonna need help. You might be surprised seeing many big artists come down stairs on a stage after a show. Often someone has a hold of them ---- just to make sure since they don't have a clue where they're going or where they are. No one wants to see the artist get hurt.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Walking in the dark up steps while wearing platform boots --- yeah, most guys are gonna need help. You might be surprised seeing many big artists come down stairs on a stage after a show. Often someone has a hold of them ---- just to make sure since they don't have a clue where they're going or where they are. No one wants to see the artist get hurt.
You make a good point that I didn't even really think about. It was after Beth, so he was probably pretty blind from the stage lights.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Paul was pretty clear about that tour and how bad Peter was. Mostly due to old age. They had to fit his set with triggers to get more volume and he couldn’t keep time. He didn’t wear platforms when he played. He found out he was getting paid less than everyone else and split.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts