·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've played a few of his amps, as I'm friends with his son Stew Kirkwood who owns Sound Extractor Studios here in Edmonton. His amps are pretty cool, well-built, and sound great! He's also a really cool guy to nerd out with, and can help you find that tone that is stuck in your head.
Cool...so they are local, that's great news!

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've played a few of his amps, as I'm friends with his son Stew Kirkwood who owns Sound Extractor Studios here in Edmonton. His amps are pretty cool, well-built, and sound great! He's also a really cool guy to nerd out with, and can help you find that tone that is stuck in your head.
Ken (Kirkwood) responded to the quick inquiry I sent the other day and I like what he had to say. I asked about his lower wattage options and for between $500-650 he has a few 5-6 watters (which would be right up my alley, I think...lol) in the next range up, 15-18 watts, they go for $750-925. Wow...that is way cheaper than I was expecting.

Anyway, he offered to have me stop by the house to give what he had on hand a try and/or to swing by Sound Extractor Studio to check out what they have there. Definitely sounds like an awesome dude.

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
Definitely has a very interesting line of amps here.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I have a 6G15 (reverb unit) of his and it sounds great. Just plugged into a 5e3 type and yep, good too. Ken's the only guy I take my amps to for servicing these days. Super cool guy and great to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts