The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got my self put on the wait list for a Kingsley page about a month or 2 ago. At that time I was told the wait was about 9 months.
So today I thought what the heck, I'll send an email asking what the status is for me now. I received an email back from Christine Jarret that they have a Page ready to ship me today and to call to confirm. So I jumped right on that. Normally I wouldn't have checked, knowing that I would still be a long way from the front of the line but I had a feeling this covid thing may have ate away at the wait list. And it seems I was right. I figure as this ends that wait list is gonna build back up real fast so I didn't hesitate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crazy that they just had one in stock with no takers. Good call to jump on it.

Hopefully you like it as much as i do mine.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy that they just had one in stock with no takers. Good call to jump on it.

Hopefully you like it as much as i do mine.
I will definitely love it. I used to own one and stupidly sold it. I bought it from Simon back when there was no wait lists for his pedal. When I sold it I figured if I wanted one it would be easy. I was wrong. The page will fit very nicely next to my Minstrel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will definitely love it. I used to own one and stupidly sold it. I bought it from Simon back when there was no wait lists for his pedal. When I sold it I figured if I wanted one it would be easy. I was wrong. The page will fit very nicely next to my Minstrel.
Excellent. Are you planning on stacking them or just different flavors?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. Are you planning on stacking them or just different flavors?
Different flavors and I'll end up stacking them. The page is my just on the edge of break up sound. The minstrel will have the low medium gain covered then with the more switch will have medium heavy gain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got my cali76 cd first then I'll likely put the page after that and before the minstrel.
Right on. I have a treble booster, a few fuzzes and a few drives on my board before the Page. I feel like I want this to be at the end of them all but I'm always playing with it's position.

·
Premium Member
16,304 Posts
I had to google it.

Nice sounding and versatile OD.

The guy playing in the clip is bloody awesome too.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he is the owner of Kingsley. Great chops.

I emailed Kingsley and the wait is now 8 months.
I wonder how I got the page only after less than 2 months. Someone would have had to cancel then all those in front of me wanting a Page would have canceled. I guess thats possible.

·
Premium Member
11,629 Posts
Simon's an amazing player - and has a pretty good ear and mind for the technical stuff, too. I've seen him a few times doing demos or clinics, always playing through his personal Kingsley amp (although it isn't an L&M product LOL).

Joe, who used to be the manager of my local store, was in a band with Simon and he lives a few miles away from the store, so it was a kind of a no-brainer to get him in when they could. His brand has shot through the moon in the last decade. Came close to buying a Deluxe 32 when our dollar was above par - regret not doing it because they are tres expensive now (and especially with a $0.75 dollar).

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Simon's an amazing player - and has a pretty good ear and mind for the technical stuff, too. I've seen him a few times doing demos or clinics, always playing through his personal Kingsley amp (although it isn't an L&M product LOL).

Joe, who used to be the manager of my local store, was in a band with Simon and he lives a few miles away from the store, so it was a kind of a no-brainer to get him in when they could. His brand has shot through the moon in the last decade. Came close to buying a Deluxe 32 when our dollar was above par - regret not doing it because they are tres expensive now (and especially with a $0.75 dollar).
I was exchanging with Simon Jarrett two years ago about an amp and the wait time was 5-6 years. I congratulated him on his business and asked if he could recommend another amp which he did.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was exchanging with Simon Jarrett two years ago about an amp and the wait time was 5-6 years. I congratulated him on his business and asked if he could recommend another amp which he did.
Geez, 5 or 6 years? Why bother keeping a wait list that long?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just picked up a Harlot v3 off Kijiji.
:)
Nothing to report yet.
Haven't had time to try it out.
:(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts