The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever own or try this pedal. I've owned the Page and Jester and both were great pedals. I'm considering ordering the Jouster as I'd like a double over drive pedal. My new set up is going to be minimal pedals. I'm planning on some kind of dual OD pedal and an analog delay like the Boss DM-2.
Just wondering how close the Jouster OD is to the Jester.

·
Premium Member
11,826 Posts
Anyone ever own or try this pedal. I've owned the Page and Jester and both were great pedals. I'm considering ordering the Jouster as I'd like a double over drive pedal. My new set up is going to be minimal pedals. I'm planning on some kind of dual OD pedal and an analog delay like the Boss DM-2.
Just wondering how close the Jouster OD is to the Jester.
Have you checked out his utubes on his site. I don't usually recommend utubes for sound quality, but Simon knows what he's doing when he mic's and compares stuff.

I love Simon's stuff, but he's become a TGP darling (good for you, Simon, you deserve it if anyone does) and his build times have gotten pretty long. If he doesn't have it in stock, prepare to wait 6 months or more.

Or buy used, of course. Well made stuff.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did call Simon and explained to him what I wanted and he said the Jouster was not the pedal. We came to the conclusion that what I really wanted was a pedal that he's been thinking of building. He has put me on the list and I'll likely get the proto-type for this new pedal. The wait time is 35 weeks right now.
The pedal is basically a double page. 2 pages in one enclosure. I never should have sold the page I had but it will be nice to have a double page. He'll likely have a different name for it.
In the mean time I'm going to buy something to use in the interim. As I'm not in a hurry I'll likely look around at what there is on the used market. Maybe try out one of the many klon klones. A few I'm looking at are the J Rockett ikon, Wampler Tumnus deluxe, or maybe even a Klon KTR.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I've owned two Kingsley pedals (Minstrel and Harlot) and both were superb.

In the Klon family of pedals, I was very impressed with the ARC Klone v2. I think it was just as good as the original Klon. Tumnus was good and a in your face loud unit. I've been looking at the Tumnus Deluxe as well.

P

·
0 Posts
Barber makes (and/or made) some great dual OD pedals. The Burn Unit EQ and the Tone Pump are 2 I have that sound great.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
We came to the conclusion that what I really wanted was a pedal that he's been thinking of building. He has put me on the list and I'll likely get the proto-type for this new pedal. The wait time is 35 weeks right now. The pedal is basically a double page. 2 pages in one enclosure.
What was it that you said you were looking for that would result in a "double Page"? That does sound pretty cool. The sound from the Page pushed into overdrive by another pedal is pretty cool.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was it that you said you were looking for that would result in a "double Page"? That does sound pretty cool. The sound from the Page pushed into overdrive by another pedal is pretty cool.
I used to own a Page so I was talking to Simon and mentioned that I'd actually like a page again and then the page tone thats maybe a mid gain crunch. The page doesn't really get mid gain but if you pushed a page with another page you could likely attain that. I told him that a double page pedal would be of interest to me. He said that he's been thinking of that for some time. Unfortunately he has a 35 week waiting period right now so it will be a while before it comes up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts