The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$4000 EMT shipped within Canada.

Excellent condition. Built in 2008. 1 Alnico Blue, and 1 Alnico Gold 12" in the cabinet. Well cared for in smoke free home studio, never gigged.

Some of the features include power scaling, 2 channels, fx loop and the ability to run 6V6 or EL34 (currently running 6V6) + EL84's, either switching between them, or both at the same time. So currently, you can run either 6V6 or EL84's, or both at the same time.

This particular amp has the series/parallel upgrade, and the footswitchable variable boost upgrade (there's 2 footswitches with the amp):

Series/parallel switch with passive loop (upgrade cost $250):

The standard Deluxe 32 runs each channel one at a time (in parallel). With the series mode option, which is selectable with a front panel mini switch, channel 1 (the overdrive channel) feeds into channel 2 (the clean channel), via a passive loop on the back panel. This provides the following

benefits:
Additional tonal versatility; the ability to add reverb to the overdrive channel; a passive effects loop between channel 1 and 2, enabling the addition of effects such as delay after the overdrive channel.

Footswitchable variable boost with a level control on the footswitch housing (upgrade cost $100). This feature can be added to the channel selector footswitch housing, providing a variable boost for the clean channel only. The circuit taps into the EQ lift feature’s huge boosting ability, but makes the amount of boost variable courtesy of its variable control.

The amp will need to be custom crated and freighted for shipping, I have a company that I use for higher value delicate items.

I am in Vancouver (in Canada) home of Kingsley amps. Buyer is responsible for any duty/taxes charged by customs (if applicable). If you're local, then even better as we can meet in person.

This is an awesome amp with a 6+ year waiting list now, so getting harder to come by. For reference, retail on these is $3460 USD plus the above $350 upgrades. Great tones, but with over 40 amps here, I've got most of the sounds of the Kingsley almost covered.

Possible Trades:

I’d consider trades on a Collings acoustic or similar, or possibly a Carr Telstar.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Other trades or partial trades also considered. I'd ideally like to get at least some $$ out of it to pay bills, but if you have something interesting, let me know. I'm also always on the lookout for studio gear - microphones, preamps, eq, compressors, etc. 🙂

This is a desert island amp, that can really almost do it all. Simon Jarrett is a genius, and he's Canadian!
🇨🇦

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I got to the part about 40 plus amps, then I read it again a few times. Which of the 40 plus amps would be most similar To the Kingsley.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I took stock again, I’m down to only around 34 amps now. I traded 2 for guitars this past month, and had sold a few others. Mainly trying to free up some cash and a bit of space.

I can’t say any amp does exactly what the Kingsley does, but I’ve got a lot of ground covered. I’ve got a ‘64 Deluxe, Morgan AC20, ‘60’s Tremolux, Benson Monarch, REVV Generator, Benson Dizzy Bird, Tone King Sky King, a couple of Trainwreck clones, modded Trainwreck Climax, Swart AST, Victoria Bassman, CS Bandmaster, and a H&K Triamp MKII, to name some.

So I can “mostly” cover similar ground to the Kingsley. o_O:)

It’s hard to say which one amp is the closest, as the Kingsley can do so many things with the different power tube options, cascading channels, etc. It covers a lot of tones.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SInce I've been repeatedly told by a few good friends that I'm crazy to let this amp go, and since there hasn't really been much interest here, I've decided to hang onto it for studio use, since it is probably the best overall sounding and most versatile amp I own. 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts