The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a big fan of Simon's pedals. After viewing a few demos last night, I contacted him to get a quote on a Bastion and a ParaPlex.

I got a quick response back that the backlog is 5-6 years(!). Business is good.

Any Kingsley owners?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
The closest I may ever get, is my V.1 Jester pedal, and whatever amp I choose to put it through.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
I've played through a couple and really liked them. My local L&M just about had a used one that I was keeping an eye on - it was still gonna be expensive (and the deal fell through anyways). Makes me wish I woulda ordered one when our dollar was $1.10US. He wasn't that busy then and he sells in US bucks (that amp would have been nicely under $3K).

I've also been to a couple of Simon's clinics. What a great player. I don't know how much he gigs these days but with the popularity of his gear, it must be hard to keep up with everything.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Have a Keep that I bought when they first came out. Tried selling/trading it a couple of times over the years. Sat unused for a looong time because of issues (volume drops, hi-gain channel had a low volume can-of-bees sound) that I didn’t bother to repair until early 2017. Had to bring it in twice to the amp tech to finally resolve the issues.

Now? It sounds really good and the hi-input has enough gain to satisfy my needs but would probably need a boost for singing leads.

What really irks me about the amp is the design of the amp’s controls on the front face. They are exposed and are prone to being damaged, especially the three small, metal toggle switches. My 3-position bright switch is already acting funky and is imprecise in what position it’s in. I know, get a gig bag , but still bothers me.

However, the sounds, both clean and dirty are some of the best I have had playing live. 15 Watts and it was plenty loud enough in the gigs I had played with it. Took pedals extremely well, even w/o an effects loop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts