The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of 31 spaces for user gear in Ottawa, over 12 were ads. Not only are the pages slow to load because of the ads, your page gets bounced up and down as the ads load and change. Really hate this and all they're doing is grabbing as much revenue as they can before a challenger comes in.

Makes eBay look attractive.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I've been spending more time on the Facebook Marketplace. That said the dealers are starting to pollute that as well. I wish they could be segmented away from private deals in both cases.

·
Premium Member
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been spending more time on the Facebook Marketplace. That said the dealers are starting to pollute that as well. I wish they could be segmented away from private deals in both cases.
Good idea, I found it pretty populated with junk but I'll give FBM another try.

·
Premium Member
13,354 Posts
I have found that what part of the country you live in seems to dictate whether Kijiji sucks or not. In Edmonton, Kijiji seems by far the most used. I have not problems buying or selling. There is an Edmonton Facebook Gear Selling Group, lots of stuff, but scrolling through that is a pain.

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
Most of the Facebook Marketplace pages are supposed to be for regular people. I'm signed up for a few groups and the admin will ask that anyone selling as a business should be reported to the admin.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
33% Ads by my calculations on the Edmonton area Kijiji under "all vehicles". It's getting really difficult to splice through 33% Ads and another probably 33% of the fucktards asking too much money for their equipment. Kinda sucks now, but I'll probably keep using it till something better comes along. Thanks @Hamstrung for the reminder about Facebook. My only issue with that is I don't dig FB too much.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
33% Ads by my calculations on the Edmonton area Kijiji under "all vehicles". It's getting really difficult to splice through 33% Ads and another probably 33% of the fucktards asking too much money for their equipment. Kinda sucks now, but I'll probably keep using it till something better comes along. Thanks @Hamstrung for the reminder about Facebook. My only issue with that is I don't dig FB too much.
the ads are a pain but I find the vehicles section the worst for that, the musical equipment doesn't have that many in comparison

....or does it?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The latest thing in Montreal is the Kijijidiots will now post in the 4 regions of Montreal, so no you see their overpriced crap 4x per page.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
the ads are a pain but I find the vehicles section the worst for that, the musical equipment doesn't have that many in comparison

....or does it?
7/24 or 30% on the musical instruments section. They all seem to be the same bloody outfits. Does Ebay own those business? RedOne and Solo guitars are a couple I see a bunch of. A few others as well, like the French one.

G

·
Do you guys use an ad blocker? I user Firefox and uBlock Origin. I don't see ads on Kijiji.

Note: Firefox at around v57.x changed it's core program and it is called Quantum. I have rolled back to the older version as I don't like Quantum...

·
Premium Member
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wonder if a Canada-only version of Reverb would fly.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts