The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember back when kijiji was free to list , then they had a limited of 10 free ads, then Ebay bought them, now the limit is 2 ads, when will it go from 1/ to 0 ....everything Ebay touches they mess up....and all this just pushes more people to use other sites..There are many yard sales on Facebook that don’t cost anything to use...and I won’t miss the kijij kooks.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
I haven't had that problem.

·
Premium Member
13,361 Posts
I'm always behind on this news. 10 free ads last I remember. But I have never posted more one, except when I moved 3 years ago. When did eBay buy Kijiji???

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Remember back when kijiji was free to list , then they had a limited of 10 free ads, then Ebay bought them, now the limit is 2 ads, when will it go from 1/ to 0 ....everything Ebay touches they mess up....and all this just pushes more people to use other sites..There are many yard sales on Facebook that don’t cost anything to use...and I won’t miss the kijij kooks.

I had three active ads earlier today (one has since been deleted because I got rid of the item) so I don't know where you are getting this two ad limit from.

·
Premium Member
11,553 Posts
I have 6 ads up currently...haven't hit any limits. Get yer story straight, OP.

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
13,361 Posts
I'm already a member of the Facebook Edmonton Photographic Gear Group, so I just joined the Edmonton Music Gear Group and checked out the listings,.... :eek: big mistake. My Facebook account uses my middle name, my brother's birth-date and an different email that has no links to anything financial. I only use it for things like this and I post nothing personal. Call me overly cautious and mildly paranoid, like my pedestrian skills.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here you go , this is what I got.

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve made a little change and there’ll be a limit of 2 free postings in Services starting June 11*. But no sweat, with the new listing fee option, you can continue posting as many ads as you like. In fact, between now and June 11, if you post more than 2 ads, your additional ones will be free until they expire.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Here you go , this is what I got.

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve made a little change and there’ll be a limit of 2 free postings in Services starting June 11*. But no sweat, with the new listing fee option, you can continue posting as many ads as you like. In fact, between now and June 11, if you post more than 2 ads, your additional ones will be free until they expire.
That's what I got too. It clearly says "Services."

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I think if you are selling something, you can only post two ads for it. That is what I have found lately when selling items. I like it because there were people who would put in 10 ads for the same thing and you often had to scroll through countless extra pages to find all the new ads because of the multiple ads. It was very unprofessional and I ignored sellers like that.

G

·
It used to be Kijijijiji used the photos to limit locations. I saved the pics with different names and got around it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok I get it , just limited to services....but I could see it spreading through out there listings ...it’s about the guy behind the desk trying to generate more money ...Look how Ebay evolved , there fees have become very complex and hard to understand ..and of course very costly to sell on eBay.., the last item I sold , they took 13 % ...huge difference in selling charges from eBay to reverb.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts