The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That didn't go as I expected it would. I thought they would frame it as evil, devil music but they let the kids make up their own minds and I'd say a lot of their parents raised them well. :)

My kids would know most of those songs as well and I think they'd both be dancing like a few of the kids were in the video.

·
Premium Member
18,398 Posts
I watched several of these "Kid React" videos....I'm still laughing.

I'm also very impressed with the comments from some of the kids...much more mature than I would have expected. Gives me a good feeling about the young folks of today.

·
Premium Member
11,037 Posts
G&R would probably be a good band if they weren't severly over played. Justin Bieber anyone?
I don't think popularity detracts from their quality.
no one ever says "That Shakespeare would probably be a good writer....IF he wasn't so popular...."
or "toilets would probably be a good invention...if they weren't in, like, every house....so over played"
or "...you made Ceasar salad for dinner?? thats sooooo 1992 :rolleyes:"
:)

"Gabe" looks androgynous like a young Leif Garrett. although I guess I shouldn't assume by the name that Gabe is a boy....parents these days....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I don't think popularity detracts from their quality.
no one ever says "That Shakespeare would probably be a good writer....IF he wasn't so popular...."
or "toilets would probably be a good invention...if they weren't in, like, every house....so over played"
or "...you made Ceasar salad for dinner?? thats sooooo 1992 :rolleyes:"
There is a difference between popularity and being over played. Eat that Ceaser salad you mentioned 3 times a day, every day. You may start to not appreciate the salad and its good qualities any more. Thats how I feel about G&R.

·
Premium Member
25,887 Posts
When our older son was 4 or 5, we were driving in the car, him in his carseat in the back, and I asked him "What kind of music do you like?".

His reply was "I like fast-fast-fast......and LOUD". When he was 16 or so, I took him to see Shonen Knife. It lived up to his objectives in life.

·
Premium Member
11,037 Posts
There is a difference between popularity and being over played. Eat that Ceaser salad you mentioned 3 times a day, every day. You may start to not appreciate the salad and its good qualities any more. Thats how I feel about G&R.
the qualities are the same....YOU just don't like it anymore. it didn't stop being good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts