The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I remember when this came out.... Kim was the afternoon drive guy on Q107. I posted it to (another) guitar site. I was obviously stunned with the skills of the young guitar player, but most of the comments were based on the strength of the drummer. After watching it again from that point of view, they were right! The whole band is good, but the drummer is just miles ahead of his age.

Thanks for posting. Lots of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I watched the video and thought the whole band was very good.
First of all, the actual recording was top grade and that helps a lot with capturing the right tones and ballance.
The drummer was very good but the guitar player was good also.
BAss player did his job and was up to par with the rest.
Singer still had that small kid voice but how can you blame him for that ...after all he is a kid.

Overall, I think the pro recording/ engineer made all the instruments sound good and that always helps

G.

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember when this came out.... Kim was the afternoon drive guy on Q107. I posted it to (another) guitar site. I was obviously stunned with the skills of the young guitar player, but most of the comments were based on the strength of the drummer. After watching it again from that point of view, they were right! The whole band is good, but the drummer is just miles ahead of his age.

I thought some of the TO area members here may have seen it before--and others who saw it online.

It would be cool to see other bands & singers do something like this...

·
Registered
493 Posts
It would be cool to see other bands & singers do something like this...
He did another one a year later. I think this one was to appease some of the criticisms surrounding the all boys line-up. He actually had to go on air to defend it. He said it wasn't deliberate to pick all boys, but they had Rock'n Roll Duty already picked out, and the girls who auditioned couldn't hit the notes. So Kid Mitchell part duex was born. After the second one, I thought it would be annual, but these are the only two. He left Q a few years later.

The little kid with the SG is hilarious!! I've never seen an SG look so large before.

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts

The drummer is a friend o mine. Crazy thing is that he plays guitar killer and sings like Robert plant too. No joke
Let me See if I can find his album from when he was 17 or so. .

starting a new thread it.s well worth it. listening now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts