The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Ken Meaney - Hamilton, Ontario

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Hamm Guitars 
#1 ·
Ken Meaney was the player that I had recording sample tracks of my guitars for me.

He was found dead in his apartment yesterday and no one really knows anything about him and we are looking for anyone that might have known him over the years that may know where we can locate next of kin.

I first met Ken back in the late 80's when he was the guitar player for Speck Jennings, after he left that band he would pop up every now and then but with less frequency over the years.

We know that he called Timmins, Ontario his home town - but he never really spoke about his family much more than to express that he had no reason to go back there.

Ken was somewhat reclusive - He didn't have a computer, a car and sometimes he had no telephone.

If there is anyone out there that has any info on him that might help please contact me via e-mail.

Thanks,

Andy

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Oh that's not good, so I'm guessing the reasons of his death are still undetermined? Was it some kind of a disease or something?
I would hesitate to say undetermined, rather than unknown to me. I wasn't all that close to him, but a good friend of mine was.

His illness may very well have been from an unhealthy lifestyle - but I really don't know what the cause of death was, so this is purely speculation on my part.

I knew him on and off over the years, but I've seen him more in the past year than all of the other times combined since the 80's.

#9 ·
Regardless of the demons he was fighting, he was a fellow guitarist.

May he rest in peace.

Other than that I can't shed any light on the situation.:rockon:
+1!

Timmins is still not a big town but it was even smaller when Ken was a lad. I have a friend from Timmins and I've asked her to check with her parents if they happen to remember him.

:food-smiley-004:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.