The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fender made a Waylon Jennings signature model in the 90's so it also could be one of those. I'm sure Keith can whatever he wants from the Fender Custom Shop as well.
At the end of the show Keith said "In case your wondering why this guitar looks familiar it used to be Waylon's". Many a famous deceased players guitar has ended up in the hands of another famous player. Clarence Whites D-28 ended up with Tony Rice, Hank Sr's D-28 with Neil Young, etc. I wonder if anyone ever ended up with Roy Buchanan's 53 Tele.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
At the end of the show Keith said "In case your wondering why this guitar looks familiar it used to be Waylon's". Many a famous deceased players guitar has ended up in the hands of another famous player. Clarence Whites D-28 ended up with Tony Rice, Hank Sr's D-28 with Neil Young, etc. I wonder if anyone ever ended up with Roy Buchanan's 53 Tele.
And Marty Stuart has Clarence White's Telecaster.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a special mention to Lindsay Ell that opened up for Keith Urban last night. She's from Calgary and she really took me by surprise. She sang fantastic and she could really play the strat she was wearing. She came out for on encore with Keith on a song they collaborated on and she kept right up with him on the guitar chops. The style of her music wasn't really my thing. Sort of "Taylor Swiftish". But to be honest Keith Urban isn't one of my favorites either. This night was definitely for my wife. I did enjoy a few of the older Urban songs he played. His newer stuff is way too "pop" for me.

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
I'm really happy to see this. I'm a fan of Waylon since I was a kid, and I'm sure he'd be happy to see it used by a real country music pro and not hanging behind glass in a restaurant or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Sweet. I've heard her radio singles, but didn't know she played.
She recorded her own versions of everything from John Mayer’s album Continuum as an assignment her producer gave her, not intending it to be released. She plays every part on there, and it’s quite good. It sounds like she mostly plays lead parts when performing live.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Although this night wasn't exactly my style of music I have to say I had a good time with the highlight of the night being the dinner before the show. IWe went to Tony's Pizza on Dundas St. across from the Western Fair. They have, hands down, the best Ponzerati I've ever had. I always go there every time I'm in London and if you like Ponzerati you owe it to your self to try them if you're ever in London.

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Right, and I saw him play it the other night in Albany, NY on the Sweetheart Of The Rodeo 50th Anniversary Tour with Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman. A great show. Marty is such a killer player.
Marty has become one of my guitar heroes since he got a hold of "Clarence"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts