The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
Coffee can?
You’d be surprised how many guys with exotics, collectors cars etc leave their cars in their garage with the keys inside them.
Seriously.
I know someone who’s Ferrari was nearly stolen (attempted, but the thief couldn’t figure out how to drive it ) who admitted that very matter of factly as if he couldn’t see how stupid that was.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Diablo - the folks with the collector cars typically keep the keys in them as part of their insurance coverage (collector and classic cars have different insurance requirements).

If there's a fire, anyone (fire fighters, neighbours, car thieves) can get them out of the garage would be the logic behind it.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
I have had beater cars that I left the keys in thinking "who would want to steal that car?" The obvious answer is "someone with no car at all".

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
easy way to stop all the cyber crp is to do away with all the electronic do-dads. but then the cost of the cars would go down, making for smaller loans that pay less interest, and the banks won't stand for it.

·
Premium Member
16,828 Posts
If someone really wants to steal your car, they'll probably figure out a way ;).

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
If someone really wants to steal your car, they'll probably figure out a way ;).
Absolutely. That’s why the goal is to just change the risk/reward scenario to thieves such that someone else car is more appealing than yours. A gazelle doesn’t have to outrun a lion, it has to outrun the next slowest gazelle.

·
Premium Member
16,828 Posts
Absolutely. That’s why the goal is to just change the risk/reward scenario to thieves such that someone else car is more appealing than yours. A gazelle doesn’t have to outrun a lion, it has to outrun the next slowest gazelle.
Drive a crappier car. Problem solved *and* you saved money. A win win!

Signed, guy who wants a nicer car.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Kind of strange off topic post, but way back when, when we used actual keys for cars, I had a '69 Camaro and a '73 Corvette at the same time, which had the exact same ignition key. That was a pretty weird coincidence.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts