The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our previous electrified rehersals had me playing the M1 and Dave playing some piezo piece of crap... :tongue:

We finally did a plugged in rehersal last night and the K&Ks sounded superb.

I had forgot my K&K preamp and just went straight into the board and it still sounded exceptional.

Worth every bit of the $350+Tax IMO.

·
Registered
255 Posts
yup, must say it sure kicks the crap out of any piezo pickup.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anybody ever have any feedback issues? I want to put a K&K mini in my 914c with an XLR pre, but I've heard of some feedback issues which are making me think of a DTar Wavelength UST.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Antz_Marchin said:
Anybody ever have any feedback issues? I want to put a K&K mini in my 914c with an XLR pre, but I've heard of some feedback issues which are making me think of a DTar Wavelength UST.
It really depends on the environment you play in. Are you a full band and loud?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
It really depends on the environment you play in. Are you a full band and loud?
Well I think I'd be mainly using the 914/K&K through my GenzPro-200 for solo acoustic stuff. I'd be using it sometimes too for 3 piece stuff with drums and bass, but may just pick up another cheaper x10 or x15 Taylor and pop a UST in that for the band stuff as I'd really like the 914 to shine solo if feedback won't be an issue. Oh and I have a feedback buster for the soundhole if that provides any assistance for the K&K

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the K&K Trinity Western Mini and I have played through a full PA without any problems..Just make sure the bass isn't set to high and you should be ok.

·
Registered
386 Posts
K&K pick-ups.

I've been selling these pick-ups in Calgary for about 4 years now. I have not heard a better pick-up system. (There may be some, but I have not heard them). I also mix a lot of live shows with acoustic players and have learned to loathe the sound of pick-ups. I try to weight the sound to my KM-184's if the artist will allow it.
K&K's are the first pick-up I thought was good enough to put in my personal instruments. I have the Trinity in my Laskin, and the Archie in my 1936 Emperor archtop. They sound about as good as one can hope for a pick-up.
Sometimes I find I need a digital feedback filter, but not often.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike MacLeod said:
I've been selling these pick-ups in Calgary for about 4 years now. I have not heard a better pick-up system. (There may be some, but I have not heard them). I also mix a lot of live shows with acoustic players and have learned to loathe the sound of pick-ups. I try to weight the sound to my KM-184's if the artist will allow it.
K&K's are the first pick-up I thought was good enough to put in my personal instruments. I have the Trinity in my Laskin, and the Archie in my 1936 Emperor archtop. They sound about as good as one can hope for a pick-up.
Sometimes I find I need a digital feedback filter, but not often.
Nice to see you aboard Mike. Dave and I both bought our pickups from you.

On a side note what were the guys International guitar night using?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts