The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I have mentioned in other threads, this board seems to have taken a turn to the nasty in the last few years. The civility, kindness, and music focused discussion of the past has now too often given way to political diatribes and divisiveness. I have found myself spending less time here.

HOWEVER, out of the blue comes a random act of kindness. I had attempted to buy a used Ceriatone Centura on this board but missed out. About a week later our very own vokey_design sends me a PM telling me that his name is up for a new one but he is going to pass due to gear expenditures; he then offers me his spot!

Keep in mind I do not know vokey nor do we regularly communicate on this board. He also didn't offer to 'sell me' his spot. Instead, he did all the leg work so I could take his spot, make my payment, and have the pedal shipped directly to me.

Three cheers to vokey_design for making this a better place and being an awesome guy.

Thanks so much!

TG

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I have been the brunt of some negative feed back here occasionally but you get to the point where you just let it slide but there are some great people here and even those that tend to be well lets just say less sociable then others well thats okay cause thats what makes the world go round like hammer I would share a drink with them to we can't all be nice and thats what makes us Canadian.
Just remember thats what teach's us what we may not want to be and so glad to hear that you found the pedal you wanted and Vokey was able to do that for you ( funny thats my son in laws name great boat builders from Newfoundland )

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Vokey, what were you thinking?! You could have made a few bucks off of that instead of being such a decent human being! You are going to have to learn to take advantage of people when you get the opportunity. ;)

BTW, if you have any extra gear you are thinking of giving away and personally delivering or paying the shipping costs, PM me and let me know. :D

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
This place is still great. Maybe the guitars are a bit overpriced in the FS section, but still a great bunch. Even a certain member who's name rhymes with badsy is pretty much a harmless troublemaker and most likely a very fine human being.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I think this is still a great place and I don't see any of the nasty uncivil behavior stated in the OP. I've been directly affected by some kindness of members that have sent me free things that I've expressed a need for. As I have lots of little odds and ends I hope to return that kindness.
However I just read a buy and sell post where a couple members criticized a price that someone was asking. This should be a complete "no no". I was on the fence about paying so I could post in the BS section but with BS like that going on I think I'll hold off. I don't necessarily blame any members. Its the mods that should be getting a hold of this. So I blame the site owners.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
This place is still great. Maybe the guitars are a bit overpriced in the FS section, but still a great bunch. Even a certain member who's name rhymes with badsy is pretty much a harmless troublemaker and most likely a very fine human being.
amazing human being, not a troublemaker at all, ...the Pope just nominated me for the Nobel Peace Prize, I'm a shoo-in

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I don’t go into political fora, so I don’t see any degradation here. I’ve met at least a half dozen folks from this board, and it’s been a good experience all round.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts