The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time someone came on, I said to myself. OK, 2 of 4 of that band is dead, 3 of 4 of that one is dead. All three of them are dead, Oh, there's Brian Jones, he was dead a year after this was made. She's dead. He's dead. If that baby is still alive he'd be 53 now. All of those people have got to be 70+ if they aren't dead yet. Ravi Shankar, at least he lived to 92. Grace Slick don't look like that anymore, but at least she doesn't give a shit about being and looking old. Oh, there's Mike Bloomfield,... hell he's been gone over 40 years

Hendrix elicited the most WTF looks. Ravi Shankar blew the most minds. And there's Micky Dolenz, he ain't dead yet.

·
Registered
24,368 Posts
I'm guessing "On TV" means the PBS affiliate in Spokane, or wherever Edmonton gets PBS from these days, is running pledge week.

Somewhere in my paper mementos box is a back issue of one of the more pictorially-oriented music mags of the period with lots of snaps of the Monterey festival. Everyone has flowers painted on their faces, and wore love beads. And 3 of the Mamas and Papas are dead as well. Moon and Entwhistle are gone. Not only Jimi but Noel and Mitch as well. So is Laura Nyro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts