The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am 15 years old and I just started to play the guitar, got it 2 weeks a go. For my starter guitar i bought was a les paul. Sunburst of red and orange. I bought it from long and maquade. I havent found guitar lessons yet but im teaching myself. I have almost got it figued out. i got a book that can help me play till i find lessons.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
smashing_pumpkins_06 said:
Hey everyone,
I am 15 years old and I just started to play the guitar, got it 2 weeks a go. For my starter guitar i bought was a les paul. Sunburst of red and orange. I bought it from long and maquade. I havent found guitar lessons yet but im teaching myself. I have almost got it figued out. i got a book that can help me play till i find lessons.
Congrats. As for figuring it out, it will take more than a couple weeks. :tongue: I've been playing guitar for years and still don't have it figured out. :mad:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
when I started 10 years ago I found the web to be invaluable. printed out tons of exercises with modes and scales, just do a search... but unfortunately a lot of tab sites are in limbo nowadays but i have binders of stuff that will last me years. you`ll have to live with sore fingers for a while. it`s a life long journey and you have taken the first steps...welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hey welcome to the forums.:wave:
Have fun playing guitar.:rockon2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey everyone,
thanks for the support you guys im sure in a couple of years i'll be rockin it out. Im lookin forward to sore fingers and fun times jaming with the buds.

·
Registered
140 Posts
new guy

I sure wish I started learning on a Les Paul! Unfortunately I did'nt have those funds back in 1971,good for you dude ,,,and if you have a good "EAR" you should have no problems picking it up at all! Good Luck ! ---Lenny. aka Lenbone.

·
Registered
183 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the forum,

It sounds like you're well on your way .... try playing a little each day, your guitar will soon become your mistress.

·
Registered
788 Posts
welcome aboard SP....once you start chewing of little bits of calous off your finger tips you have become a guitar player...hang in there :rockon2:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Nice to see some younger folks moving into the neighborhood....

·
Registered
47 Posts
les pauls are so sweet. i started learning on my dad's BC rich acoustic. then i got my own when i turned 13, it is an electric guitar. all i know about it is that it is an aspen. then i got an acoustic whe i turned 14, all i know about that is that its a jerzy. than whn i turned 15 i got a Jay Turser electric guitar, and it appears to be a strat knock off. and i have a ROCKTEK RK2ORC amp. but im pretty happy with my gear. i hope to get a strat, not sure what year though, somewhere in the 60s though. oh and by the way welcome to the forums. i've been registered since april but i forgot my username and password. :rockon2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
les pauls are so sweet. i started learning on my dad's BC rich acoustic. then i got my own when i turned 13, it is an electric guitar. all i know about it is that it is an aspen. then i got an acoustic whe i turned 14, all i know about that is that its a jerzy. than whn i turned 15 i got a Jay Turser electric guitar, and it appears to be a strat knock off. and i have a ROCKTEK RK2ORC amp. but im pretty happy with my gear. i hope to get a strat, not sure what year though, somewhere in the 60s though. oh and by the way welcome to the forums. i've been registered since april but i forgot my username and password. :rockon2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts