The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good old canadian walnut or black walnut. A friend 0f mine is a cabinet maker and came across this board. I was able to re saw it. I was lucky to get to tops out f it. looking forward to using the other top soon.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
thanks you. I have been building for about a while now but befre this I built furniture. I have cme to gripps that I am not ging to be a great guitar player, So I might as well try to be a great guitar builder. So far I have had great feedback.

Does that Bigsby have a piece of wood installed on the top? If so, did you buy it like that or do it yourself? I've never seen anything like that before.

·
Premium Member
29,018 Posts
The only other builder I've seen that uses Alumitone pickups is Mike Sankey, here in Ottawa, though he doesn't combine them with other types. Not to ignore the luscious woodwork, but did the combining of an Alumitone and humbucker pose any issues?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only other builder I've seen that uses Alumitone pickups is Mike Sankey, here in Ottawa, though he doesn't combine them with other types. Not to ignore the luscious woodwork, but did the combining of an Alumitone and humbucker pose any issues?
no not at all. The alimitone and a seymour duncan JB or Gisbon burstbuckers 3 are a great combination.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.