The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks you. I have been building for about a while now but befre this I built furniture. I have cme to gripps that I am not ging to be a great guitar player, So I might as well try to be a great guitar builder. So far I have had great feedback.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good old canadian walnut or black walnut. A friend 0f mine is a cabinet maker and came across this board. I was able to re saw it. I was lucky to get to tops out f it. looking forward to using the other top soon.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Those are really beautiful. Would it be possible to see them in person sometimes?
I am in Toronto.

thank you in advance
yours truly
Bojan

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
thanks you. I have been building for about a while now but befre this I built furniture. I have cme to gripps that I am not ging to be a great guitar player, So I might as well try to be a great guitar builder. So far I have had great feedback.

Does that Bigsby have a piece of wood installed on the top? If so, did you buy it like that or do it yourself? I've never seen anything like that before.

·
Premium Member
17,598 Posts
Welcome to our corner of the internet. I especially like that last picture.

How long have you been building for?

·
Premium Member
25,352 Posts
The only other builder I've seen that uses Alumitone pickups is Mike Sankey, here in Ottawa, though he doesn't combine them with other types. Not to ignore the luscious woodwork, but did the combining of an Alumitone and humbucker pose any issues?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does that Bigsby have a piece of wood installed on the top? If so, did you buy it like that or do it yourself? I've never seen anything like that before.
no the bigsby frame so to speak is entirly made of wood. It is laminated purple heart maple and walnut.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only other builder I've seen that uses Alumitone pickups is Mike Sankey, here in Ottawa, though he doesn't combine them with other types. Not to ignore the luscious woodwork, but did the combining of an Alumitone and humbucker pose any issues?
no not at all. The alimitone and a seymour duncan JB or Gisbon burstbuckers 3 are a great combination.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Welcome to our corner of the internet. I especially like that last picture.

How long have you been building for?
I have only been building guitars for about a year but I grew up building furniture. building a musical instrument I believe pushes your wood working knowledge and skills.

·
Premium Member
17,598 Posts
I have only been building guitars for about a year but I grew up building furniture. building a musical instrument I believe pushes your wooding knowledge and skills.
I hope you continue to build instruments as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I plan on it. I have sold three guitars to three very very happy customers. My goal is to build not get rich and to perfect my craft. Every time I start a guitar my goal is to build the perect guitar. I haven't achieved that yet so I will continue to try.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys for the kind words. Really trying to build unique and great playing guitars. The battle is on going

1 - 20 of 45 Posts