The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bassist just called and held the phone up to the radio. One of my songs was playing.

That's a pretty cool feeling.:banana:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Congratulations Milkman!! That would be very cool. What song is it and can you post it so we can hear it as well. :banana:

·
Premium Member
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I

·
0 Posts
Christmas Eve morning. About 7:30 am. 2003. First time I heard one of the tracks I played on on the radio. It never gets old. Here's a tip for Canadian musicians: record a Christmas album. The radio stations are hard pressed for fresh CanCon tracks during the holidays. Great way to get radio play.

Congrats Milkman. Hopefully SOCAN was listening as well. Even better than hearing yourself on the radio is getting your performance royalty cheques. :)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Just listened to it on MySpace. I like it. May have to buy the CD at some point.

·
Premium Member
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys.

It's been a good day for a few reasons. This didn't hurt.:rockon:

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow thats pretty badass, I'd love to hear one of my songs on the radio... well hearing one of my songs recorded would be pretty great too lol.

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
That's quite cool, n'est-ce pas? Happened to me once when CBC had a weak moment, LOL!

Congratulations!

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've heard tracks that I PLAYED on on the radio on a number of occasions, but this is the first time one of my own songs came out of the magic box to my ears.

I rather liked it, LOL.

And thanks

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Great stuff! Do you guys play locally?

·
Premium Member
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone.

It's a small thing but for me it's just a special little milestone. :rockon2:

I'm still living the dream.

Keeps me sane (more or less).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Milkman... I've visited your Myspace page... Just watch the youtube video: A Penny For Your Thoughts... Wow... that sound good, I REALLY like this song. Exactly what I like to play. Execution and technique is nice... GOOD JOB... We want more...

·
Premium Member
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Milkman... I've visited your Myspace page... Just watch the youtube video: A Penny For Your Thoughts... Wow... that sound good, I REALLY like this song. Exactly what I like to play. Execution and technique is nice... GOOD JOB... We want more...
Hey thanks!

I appreciate the kind words. More clips will be posted.

I love the song too. Peter Frampton is better than many people realize.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts