The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow guitar lovers. I’m Tim from Winnipeg and will be exploring the forums having joined today.
I am 59 years old, and a long time beginning guitarist having started a very long time ago with massive gaps between playing and or continuing to learn to play.
I have both acoustic and electric guitars and have along with a revival of being somewhat seriously playing again via weekly jams with a group of other players has led me to sing as well. Never thought I would do that ! I have even braved the open mike a couple times .

Hope to learn from you folks and make some new friends

Tim

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Planemaker

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Welcome. I've been a beginner since the early 70's myself. Lots of long breaks in between. The only thing that keeps me playing is buying a new piece of gear.

How are the mosquitoes this year?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. I've been a beginner since the early 70's myself. Lots of long breaks in between. The only thing that keeps me playing is buying a new piece of gear.

How are the mosquitoes this year?
Haven’t seen one yet ! Last summer was the least I have ever seen and I was born here.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Hi Tim and welcome from the only female aboard. If you need info on anything music or guitars there will be always someone who will and can answer your inquiries.

Have fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Tim and welcome from the only female aboard. If you need info on anything music or guitars there will be always someone who will and can answer your inquiries.

Have fun!
Hi Lola !
Wow I find that sad you are the only female aboard, I hope it is only because all the others in Canada do not know it exists. I have only recently become aware of Parker Guitars, cool looking units. Are they long or short scale ?

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Hi Lola !
Wow I find that sad you are the only female aboard, I hope it is only because all the others in Canada do not know it exists. I have only recently become aware of Parker Guitars, cool looking units. Are they long or short scale ?
Ya, I love, love my Parker to death. I have two other guitars that don’t get very much loving.

Do you mean how many frets? 24 frets
Scale 25.5 inches

Light weight coming in at 4.5 lbs

Neck: composite carbon fibre

There have been a couple of other females here but they’re fly by nighters. I have been here for 4 years this November. Quite content!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Welcome Tim !
There a lot of guys here, me included, sharing quite the same slow "learning curve" as you ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts