The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yeah, just got my JTK1 delivered by UPS today (on a side note, they put a couple of dents in the case that came with it, but I'm not that upset, as they almost completely destroyed the guitar stand that came earlier on the same morning):

(btw, the strap is mine, I know its ugly, and thats why I picked it)

Anyways, its even better than I expected to be, though there are some adjustments that I would like to make, of course. However, something that concerned me, that I don't remember ever being mentioned when reading it's reviews, is that there is always some noise when I start to move the switch or the knobs (not including the coil-tap rocker switches).

What could this be due to? Should I be worried about the longevity of the electronics? Or could they simply need cleaning or something?

Also, the neck pickup is set so that the bottom end is lower than the top end (so that its at an angle). Is this just part of the set up, or could it have been pushed in by something?

Finally, the action on it is quite low, but I like it that way, for now. However, there is a significant amount of fret buzz in some places, especially on the 6th string... if I were to go and get that "fixed" in a store, how much should I expect to pay for a decent job? And does anyone know any places in Quebec City that they could recommend?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey drak10687..
thats one sweet looking guitar...brother...
sounds like a little set up is in order.....is all

enjoy....
Auger

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
It would still be really nice to get an estimate for the fret setup, and a suggestion of what should I do with the electronics.

And for anyone intrested, heres a highrez, though slightly compressed pic I took tonight... in which you can also see the dent that UPS put in the case:

BTW, its was $340 USD including the case, shipping and insurance.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...a professional set up should cost you about $45, i believe. if there is a reputable music instrument store in quebec city, that should suffice.

what company makes that guitar?

-dh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts