Registered
319 Posts
Vh-1

Why is Michael Anthony not in the mix??
Does anybody know why?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wonder if Roth still has all them moves. Getting on in years for sure. Don't think he has even been singing for a long while either.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Apparently Eddie got mad at Michael since he's been out touring with Sammy Hagar for the past couple years. They've been sort of using the VH name, calling themselves "half of Van Halen".

Eddie also didn't like Sammy promoting his tequila, and Michael has been promoting some hot sauce.

Dave has been doing a solo tour off and on for a couple years. He played Calgary about 6 months ago IIRC. Perhaps it was last Stampede. Dave's guitarist came from a VH cover band.

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
Marnacious said:
I wonder if Roth still has all them moves. Getting on in years for sure. Don't think he has even been singing for a long while either.
Here's DLR last October. Doing his Blue Grass version of Jump. Honestly don't know what to think of it. Wonder what EVH thinks of this version. :eek: :eek:

DLR performing Jump

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CalgaryTerry said:
Apparently Eddie got mad at Michael since he's been out touring with Sammy Hagar for the past couple years. They've been sort of using the VH name, calling themselves "half of Van Halen".

Eddie also didn't like Sammy promoting his tequila, and Michael has been promoting some hot sauce.

Dave has been doing a solo tour off and on for a couple years. He played Calgary about 6 months ago IIRC. Perhaps it was last Stampede. Dave's guitarist came from a VH cover band.
I saw DLR a couple Stampedes ago. I thought he did a pretty good job vocally, didn't try to go places he couldn't reach. His guitarists were great. Now to add to this I was pretty drunk.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Vh-1

I always thought when I see old footage of the DLR era VanHalen that he does a half assed job at singing those great songs. Why spend the time making them sound great in the studio and live make a mockery of it.
He appears to be more interested playing the role of rock star rather than putting on a good performance.
Just my opinion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts