The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why for example, in this Starship Troopers-like alien infested earth, do aliens hate noise so much? Have they got bad migraines? If the slightest sound draws their ire, what happens to those of us that snore? We die I guess?

You'd also think that after years of close calls and no talking or making noise, they'd have long since moved that large collection of glass frames from off of that rickety, crack-filled wall?

I would have also thought that all the potentially noisy stuff like lanterns, cans, tools, etc. would be on the bottom shelves of the storage area, not teetering precariously on the top shelves.

One last comment, in the opening scene where they remove the batteries from the toy before the youngster can send them all to a chitin appendage death, would he place these extremely rollable AA batteries on the edge of the counter? Argh!

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
The aliens hunt by sound. Make noise, you are food.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
They wouldn't want to be in L & M on Saturday afternoon.
That would add some teeth to that sign "those playing Stairway will be severely dealt with "

Reactions: Wardo
P

·
0 Posts
There is a similar video Called Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock, only this one you cannot look. So when you go out your eyes must be covered. Once you look the "whatever it is" will make you a crazy person. Really dumb concept. Second only to the OP movie.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a similar video Called Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock, only this one you cannot look. So when you go out your eyes must be covered. Once you look the "whatever it is" will make you a crazy person. Really dumb concept. Second only to the OP movie.
Haha, I didn't mind that one either. Would be nice though, to watch a movie for a change, where there isn't any childbirth.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
We watched them both in the same night. Had no idea that they were similar until into the second.

That’s 3 hours I should’ve spent playing guitar.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Just watched it on a plane. What a missed opportunity. They could have done something really interesting with the premise of a silent world and the nature of sound, but instead it devolved into a predictable and stupid monster movie FULL of plot holes and stupidity.

TG

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just watched it on a plane. What a missed opportunity. They could have done something really interesting with the premise of a silent world and the nature of sound, but instead it devolved into a predictable and stupid monster movie FULL of plot holes and stupidity.

TG
Full of plot holes indeed. Wish they'd run the scripts for these past me :)

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Then don't bother watching the Last Boy. Same Premise. In this one if you go outside and are not close to water, "the wind" will come and turn you into salt.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’ll file this under “things I didn’t know existed and might have been better off never knowing”.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts