The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From the top of rack #1 ;
A DigiTech 2112 SGS with a a BBE 362 and Hush Super C Noise Reduction unit in the effects loop.
Rack #2 ;
Two VHT Valvulator 1's from the 2112 out puts ( in stereo ) then into two Crate Power Blocks , out to my Laney 4x12 cabs.
Rack # 3 ;
Monster 2500 Power Conditioner for my two CPB's ( at 150 watts/ stereo ) , a BBE 362 , Hush Super C going into the effects loop of my 2112 ). The Monster PC 2500 also powers my ETA Power Conditioner in rack #4 .
Rack #4 ;
ETA Power Conditioner powers my lower wattage rack units : BBE 462, a Hush 2CX, two DOD mono 32 band Eq's, another post Eq Hush 2CX Noise Reduction Unit, BBE 462 and a Behringer 1124 Feedback Destroyer, set for it's 12 band parametric Eq.
All my racks have Ebtech Hum Eliminators.

I get a super high fi articulate sound on stage that is clean dynamic and very touch sensitive.
And it is receiving the signal from a DigiTech RP-1 , RP-12 and a Decibel 11 M.I.D.I. Effects Looper ( with a Buffer in it ) with a EHX Ravish Sitar simulator, Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler, MXR 10 band Eq with an Arion Hot Watt 2 on some of my distorted patches.
Finally, a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster is the first thing that gets plugged into from the guitar.

It's a little complicated, but with the buffering, it sounds like the guitar is plugged straight to the amp with a short cord.
I can delay stack, stack the reverb or gain stack and get sounds for playing Blues, Thrash, Classic Rock, 80's Metal ....now I don't have to lug around 4 different amp heads. 馃槅馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@MarkM....
@AJ6stringsting What band or project do you use that with? I was going down the rack hole in the early 90's and I had a bunch of kids and gave up playing in bands and buying gear. I have a Rexx preamp (Canadian made) and I used a Yamaha power amp. Some rack effects and I ran into an old Marshall 4x12 that I still have. I would love to get my hands on some of the Boogie rack gear from that time!

I would like to hear what you are playing?
Right now, I got two kids at home ( 7 & 13 ), gigged occasionally on week ends.

Guitar wise. Kramer's, Epiphones, Gibson's, Jackson's, Squires, Fender's and some really good home assembled guitars.
This Covid-19 thing .... Makes me feel like I'm stuck in Gilligan's Island .... I miss playing with people.

Reactions: MarkM

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what is an equivalent to any 1980's Mesa Boogie rack pre amp ?
The Carvin Quad X ....it has MIDI implementation, 4 effects loops and 4 channels.

I sold ( regretted ) it in the 1990's.... Monster overkill gain.
Sometimes, you can spot them on Reverb or EBay for under $ 500.00 USD.

Reactions: MarkM
1 - 4 of 4 Posts