The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed this video very much. I "applied" it to life experience more then the guitar itself.

hope you find it worthwhile listening it:

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
No, the electric guitar is not dead.

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
When I see a title like "...Death of the Electric Guitar" My immediate reaction is Click Bait and I don't want to watch

Reactions: Steadfastly

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I edited title to try to better explain what video is about. For me it was great video. Hoped you would like it as well

·
Premium Member
10,425 Posts
Gosh...41 mins. No thanks.
Heres my 30 sec take on it. Millenials love to use powerful sounding, but exaggerated words, suggesting something dramatic has just occurred. I see things on the internet all the time like "....rosie odonnell SLAMS donald trump...." and then it turns out to just be a catty remark. Millenials are the product of helicopter parenting, it doesn't take much to get them worked up in this big scary world.

Is the electric guitar DEAD? No...but its relevancy can surely be questioned, esp relative to its former glory. I liken it to Jaromir Jagr this year...Hes still really good! Just not what he once was, and perhaps struggles to keep up with everything else going on in the league.

Reactions: LanceT

·
Registered
662 Posts
Heres my 30 sec take on it. Millenials love to use powerful sounding, but exaggerated words, suggesting something dramatic has just occurred. I see things on the internet all the time like "....rosie odonnell SLAMS donald trump...." and then it turns out to just be a catty remark. Millenials are the product of helicopter parenting, it doesn't take much to get them worked up in this big scary world.
Using powerful sounding/exaggerated phrases is a marketing practice that predates millennials by at least a few decades.

It would be incredibly bad marketing to not use those types of words to target an audience and draw them in.

There are good millennials and bad millennials; this has nothing to do with either of them.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Using powerful sounding/exaggerated phrases is a marketing practice that predates millennials by at least a few decades.

It would be incredibly bad marketing to not use those types of words to target an audience and draw them in.

There are good millennials and bad millennials; this has nothing to do with either of them.
I'd agree but it's fun to SLAM certain population segments.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
99.99 times out of 100, i'd say me too.
but i'm glad i somehow picked this time to be the exception.

1) i agreed with most of what he said, and a large portion of it is stuff i already know.
2) his accent makes him sound intelligent
3) i found the muted tones and color choices to be soothing in some way.
4) i was burnin one at the time, so, there's that.

but still, i liked it, and i have no regrets about the time

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Two weeks ago, I was sure the electric guitar was dead.

And then we had Good Friday and Easter Monday, and hey, the electric guitar is back. I don't know what to make of it. ^)@#

1 - 13 of 13 Posts