The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I don't think the cause in the younger generation is autocorrect or typing on small devices. It's the lack of care for getting it right. All the big stars they admire twist words around to make them "cool". It all started with that popular movie Happyness. Now every kid thinks that's how you spell it.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I just had an email from my bosses boss that was so devoid of any grammar, punctuation, or appropriate capital letters at the beginning, or used in the names of people in the email. They are in their 50’s. It’s complete laziness.
I was taught email protocol at my very first job I needed it daily. I’ve taken it with me. Flippant correspondence now is the norm.
TLDR :)

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
That would be true IF it was an attack by England on France. Colchar's reasonable irritation concerns when "France" is being used as an adverb or adjective, rather than an object.

Do they even teach about adjectives and adverbs, definite and indefinite articles, and prepositions, in school anymore?
No idea. Without any kids, I’ve lost track. Last I heard, Archie and Jughead were required reading for grade 10 English Lit.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Oh isn't that cute, you're using words you don't understand in an attempt to appear erudite. You remind me of undergrads who make grand, sweeping statements in an attempt to come across as profound.

But at least there is hope for them. You? Not so much as the raw materials simply aren't there. After all, you can't make something out of nothing now can you? Maybe if there had been some lifeguards in your gene pool you might have had a chance.................................
How about you stop with the personal attacks? It’s not only childish, it’s contrary to forum policy.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
That post was a response to a completely uncalled for personal attack launched against me in another thread. I was having a discussion with someone else about something and that inbred little shit jumped in with a personal attack.

Being the bigger man, I did PM an admin to apologize for it and tell them to nuke my post if they wanted, but they didn't. The authorities had already been notified, so no need for you to play thread cop.
I’d just like to see folks getting along. I agree my reaction didn’t help. Take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts