The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I've seen the commercial for her new album about a million times. CTV plays it every 5 seconds during "The Daily Show."

She seems pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how her career progresses. She claims her latest album is the first one she actually likes because the record company forced her do a bunch of songs on the first albums. She is young, but has a real maturity to her sounds. If she plays her cards right, she may have a long career.

TG

·
Registered
635 Posts
At first I thought it was just a simple mistake on hearing her name, but now I'm wondering if those gay jewlery ads are starting to have an effect on everyone. Maybe it is contagious. If I catch The Gay from these boards, you guys will be hearing from my lawyer! And wife. Haha.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
traynor_garnet said:
I've seen the commercial for her new album about a million times. CTV plays it every 5 seconds during "The Daily Show."

She seems pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how her career progresses. She claims her latest album is the first one she actually likes because the record company forced her do a bunch of songs on the first albums. She is young, but has a real maturity to her sounds. If she plays her cards right, she may have a long career.

TG
Seems I recently read she has sold about 5 000 000 worldwide....sounds like her career is progressing pretty good! I remember seeing her with Gladys Knight on the "Divas" TV special; they were sharing the stage with some blonde singer/actress and when the blonde started to sing they just got this really strange "what the heck is she doing?" kind of look. Great moment.
I also read the recent article about her new album, and, I don't think it's right to say it's the first one she really liked, but the first one she's done her own music/style on. Reminds me I've got to get the new one this weekend :smile:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I really love her new look, she is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm not familiar with her music but I hear alot about her.

I went to see Meatloaf in Hamilton this week and the opening act was a young lady named Marion Raven. She was pretty good! She was pretty hot too! She had a great voice but nothing that sets herself apart from other female singers. Does Joss Stone have something that sets her apart from other female acts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts