The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this on YouTube last night and thought it was a great reboot of an old Smith's tune he co-wrote. While the guitar arrangement is a little different, it kicks all kinds of butt and shows Marr's strengths (atmospheric layering, colouring, etc).

He does a great job copping Morrissey's vocal inflections on this number and even finishes with a cool bit...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Great live performance. I love how he's using a Boss GT-100 multi effects unit right into his Fender amps and sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guitarists like Marr, the Edge, Summers, Honeyman-Scott, Sumner and Stevens helped me cope with and ultimately survive the synth-dominated New Wave era.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Great live performance. I love how he's using a Boss GT-100 multi effects unit right into his Fender amps and sounds fantastic.
A few other things on the ground- looks like a TU2 and his ever present Diamond Compressor. Also, there's something on the other side of the mic stand to his left- looks kind of like a TC Helicon Voicelive Play or some other multieffect...

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
A few other things on the ground- looks like a TU2 and his ever present Diamond Compressor. Also, there's something on the other side of the mic stand to his left- looks kind of like a TC Helicon Voicelive Play or some other multieffect...
That's exactly what it is.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Good eye. I've seen those pedals on his other board too. This was also quite an endorsement for Boss also, although I think he could play through literally anything and still pump out great sounds and maintain his sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts