·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maple Leafs legend Johnny Bower dead at 93 | CBC Sports

Maple Leafs legend Johnny Bower dead at 93
Toronto goaltender led club to 4 championships
CBC News · An hour ago

Canadian Second World War veteran and Hall of Famer Johnny Bower, shown here at a veterans exhibit, is remembered as one of the best Toronto Maple Leafs goalies. He died today at the age of 93. (Nathan Denette/Canadian Press)
Canadian hockey legend Johnny Bower has died.

A statement from his family says the 93-year-old died after a short battle with pneumonia.

https://twitter.com/Ooks_AD/status/945814088420016128
John [email protected]_AD

It is with great sadness that the Bower family announces the passing of @MapleLeafs legend #JohnnyBower after a short battle with pneumonia. (Photo courtesy of the Toronto Star)

8:30 PM - Dec 26, 2017

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was a goalie, so guess who was my favourite player?

·
Premium Member
13,078 Posts
RIP Johnny

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
A legend and you don't need to be a Leafs fan to recognize this. Humble , gentle man who used his celebrity to help others. More people need to follow his example.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
No longer a living legend, but immortal. Some of the clips I've seen this morning are phenomenal. His career was waining when I took up hockey but if you ever played road hockey and pretended to be certain players, Bower was up there. His work as a Leafs ambassador helped tie the present and past together, I loved to see him on TV over the years.

RIP

·
Registered
493 Posts
So many great stories about Mr Bower.

RIP Johnny, you have earned it.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Mr. Bower was a great guy, lucky to have met him thru a family connection and he was a genuine guy who was just as friendly in private and public life.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Curious if any GTA members made it out to the ACC event last week?
My wife and her parents were at the private family event, unfortunately I had to look after the kids.
The Leafs organization really did right by the family & fans btw.

Johnny Bower Official Tributes...

Leafs vs. Tampa Bay Pre-Game Tribute
Tuesday Dec 02-2017

Official Public Celebration of Life @ACC
Wednesday Dec 04-2017

1 - 15 of 15 Posts