The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it yesterday, Standard Songs for Average People performed by John Prine and Mac Wiseman. I love it some nice ol tunes on this one. Personally I like:

• I Forgot to Remember to Forget Her
  • Saginaw Michigan
  • Old Dogs and Children and Watermelon Wine
  • In the Garden
  • The Old Rugged Cross

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey bRian....
Though I havent heard this yet....
I am definitely gonna look for it...
I like lots of John Prine...

thanks for the heads up
Auger

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auger, they also released an old Prine concert from the early 80's on dvd, it's in stores now as well.

John Prine Live On Soundstage 1980, the first archival DVD from the legendary, Grammy® award-winning folk troubadour.* The concert, which first aired in 1980 on the celebrated PBS concert show Soundstage, includes early classics such as “Angel From Montgomery” and “Hello In There,” as well as songs from Prine's signature albums, Bruised Orange and Pink Cadillac. Intercut with the live performances is a sequence of interviews with Prine as he tours his childhood hometown of Maywood, Illinois, returns to the scene of “The Accident” and then to the back porch of his childhood home where he performs acoustic versions of "Paradise" and "How Lucky." Special guest, Sun rockabilly singer, Billy Lee Riley joins Prine on “No Name Girl” and “Red Hot.”

1 - 3 of 3 Posts