The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool documentary on Netflix. Narrated by John himself, he tells the story of his life and the beauty of art and it's need to surprise. Bonus - a concert of his plays in the background.

Saw him in Winnipeg (1992) and it was a fantastic concert with everyone standing for the entire show. Our "seats" weren't great, upper deck Winnipeg Arena, but it didn't matter. The band's energy left a lasting impression of happiness. His lyric "suck it up, tough it out, and be the best you can" (Minutes to Memories) propelled me through many painful exams back in those days.

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
Cool documentary on Netflix. Narrated by John himself, he tells the story of his life and the beauty of art and it's need to surprise. Bonus - a concert of his plays in the background.

Saw him in Winnipeg (1992) and it was a fantastic concert with everyone standing for the entire show. Our "seats" weren't great, upper deck Winnipeg Arena, but it didn't matter. The band's energy left a lasting impression of happiness. His lyric "suck it up, tough it out, and be the best you can" (Minutes to Memories) propelled me through many painful exams back in those days.

I saw him on the tour for his The Lonesome Jubilee album and wholeheartedly agree - he puts in a great show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.