The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,368 Posts
The guy had integrity and cojones as big as the day is long. I hope his benchmark is not quickly forgotten. All parties there could use someone as true to their principles as he was. A pity he never had a chance to be president. It has been a long time since any presidential candidate had been someone that had real military experience.

I gather most here are aware that McCain had indicated explicitly and emphatically that he did NOT want Trump at his funeral. It will be interesting to see what a state, or almost-state, funeral looks like in the absence of the national leader. It will also be interesting to see how that impacts on Trump's base. Does honouring a man who viewed someone I like as dishonourable allow the pieces to click in my head? I'll bet the pollsters are getting their questions ready now. I'm not trying to be trite in the wake of a good man's passing. But this is a scenario the U.S. has not faced in the last half-century, AFAIK. Feel free to move any and all discussion arising to the political thread. This is the In Memorium thread.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
America needs someone to carry on his torch. What a life he endured, lived and loved. RIP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts