The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got on the list of the fan presale for the show on Tuesday July 30th, but the best seats I could get were at the back of the floors - row 45. Another show was added for Wednesday July 31, so I tried my luck again and got 22nd row floors. Looking forward to the show, whichever night I end up going LOL.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I got on the list of the fan presale for the show on Tuesday July 30th, but the best seats I could get were at the back of the floors - row 45. Another show was added for Wednesday July 31, so I tried my luck again and got 22nd row floors. Looking forward to the show, whichever night I end up going LOL.
I bought tickets for the 30th though that's row 301 or something like that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sold my tickets for the Tuesday show and went to the Wednesday show with my wife. No opener, so the show was two sets of John's music. In hindsight, I wish I had gone to both shows though. Even though they played 25 songs each night, both setlists were completely different. The majority of the songs were only played on one night or the other.

July 30th setlist:
John Mayer Setlist at Scotiabank Arena, Toronto

July 31st setlist:
John Mayer Setlist at Scotiabank Arena, Toronto

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I went to both shows (Row 300s for both) and it was an amazing experience! I think I liked the second night more cause he played some of my favorites like waiting on the day, edge of desire, in your atmosphere etc. But on night one, he played a solo at the end of Changing that can be defined as the perfect improvised solo - with build up, note selection, tone, feel and many other things that are hard to define. Sitting in the audience you just knew you're listening to one of the great live solos. Try to find a clip of that if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts