The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Craigslist.. I never met Buzzy myself, but heard that he was a great tech.

Just to let the music community know that John "BUZZY" Burak , passed away yesterday . Buzzy has served the toronto music scene as an incredible amplifier tech for more than 40 years . RIP Buzzy you will be missed by many .

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
oh man, that sad news indeed

Condolences to friends and family

he did some great work on a couple amps I used to have. SF Twin, Garnet BTO. Very friendly and personable

RIP Buzzy

I'll fire up a tube amp in his honour

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found this obituary, and info for a service being held tomorrow, April 2nd. Buzzy was a really nice guy and the best amp tech I ever dealt with. BL

BURAK, John
- We are deeply saddened by the sudden loss of our very dear brother John "Buzzy" Burak, who passed peacefully early March 14, 2017.

Forever loved by family, friends, neighbours of the Rouge and members of the music community, all to whom he selflessly devoted his life. Dearly missed by sister Karen, brother Gary, niece Vanessa, Craig and extended family.

Buzzy left an honorable legacy of keeping music alive in Canada through his business Sound FX. His experience and expertise is recognized widely. Humble and kind, he cared for wildlife in the Rouge.

He loved and was loved by so many. Pine Hills Cemetery, April 2nd Visitation 1 p.m. Service 2 p.m. Home Reception.

Memorial in his honour TBA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.